Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Since Of Urgency Reply with quote

No matter ones rank, every practitioner of the MA goes through thimes where something within their journey has to be addressed and/or dealt with, whether it's training and/or MA betterment related.

I must be dealt with, and it must be dealt with in a respectful time frame, prolonging it until tomorrow doesn't erase the issue; time waits for no one. However, that doesn't mean that it can be solved in one day; time in this case, is a welcomed friend, nonetheless, you've started the ball rolling by recognizing it and doing something about it.

It's your MA journey. It's your training. Don't let someone sway you away from taking the necessary actions; either fix it or don't. You make the final decision.

Others might tell you that what you're recognizing is meaningless, foolish, a waste of time, and/or unimportant. Perception is reality to "that" person. If the others are correct with their assumptions after all, then that's fine. Accept it and move on, but only when you're satisfied. Don't rush it!! If you rush to a snap decision, you might overlook some important detail(s).

I believe that having a respectful since of urgency from time to time balances our MA betterment. However, being obsessive disrupts improvement because time must be allowed within any given learning curve.

Just relax and train; let the training take care of itself but be accountable to it.

Tzu-Logic
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Inayan Eskrima and Shaolin Kempo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very thought provoking post, thank you.

What it brought to mind for me was one of my favorite Buddha quotes on patience,
Quote:
"Drop by drop is the water pot filled. Likewise, the wise man, gathering it little by little, fills himself with good."

The bucket is not going to be filled in one day, to accept that, and then continue putting drops in... well that's pretty much life.

Quote:
...Perception is "reality" to that person...

I like the quotes better right there

good post sensei8

"Under the sky, under the heavens, there is but one family." -Bruce Lee

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at a point in my career now where there really can't be any urgency. I can only do a little at a time, and I have to really pace things out now. Learning more patience, and its killing me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: