Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Jiggy9
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol..again lastly

Look for weaknesses in youre opponents stance...You see, in karate the stances are developed for balance and sturdiness....how are you supposed to deliver blows effectively and powerfully if youre body is not balanced?

take for example one standing in zenkusudachi...(howeva thats spelt)...if you try push him from the front, its very very tough, but if you push him from the side, he'll fall very easily.

If you take this concept forward, in a fight when you attack someone head on - it will be tough, you attack them from an angle, you'll find you'll be much more successful. To do this you gotta move, thats what using youre space is all about. Move, but move with a purpose.

Also, dont allow someone else to use the same concept against you....stay light on youre feet but have you weight evenly distributed so that if sumone trips one leg you can still stand on the other...

Jiggy9
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought of some more stuff for you

- conserve youre energy

in a fight dont put all youre energy in every single move, defense and attack.
Especially defences, you dont need to smack youre opponents arm outta of the way, its often better to divert , for 3 reasons...you dont hurt yourself, you dont waste energy, and most importantly when sparring, you leave the opponents arm out of position - creating an oppening for you.

- Enjoy it

mental state is important like i said...if you go in with the idea that you have to do anything to win, you will definately lose. You should be relaxed and know that you are there to give it youre best and learn from youre mistakes. Itz just an oppurtunity for you to practice what youve been learning against someone set on defeating you. You wont be intimidated or crack under pressure...just Enjoy the experience.. and you'll do better.

Okay thats it from me...unless i feel like posting more =)

Karateka
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is good that you have a lot to say. Can you next time try to make it into one post, please. A good kiai is important. It is your battle cry. That is why, everytime the referee says hajime, our club does this huge kiai. It is our battle cry. It's like saying, "here I am, come get some!"

Sensei Ron Bagley (My Sensei)

angiewinter
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Tobias, I'm really sorry, i was COMPLETELY out of order, i really hope you did not take any offence, please ignore what i wrote( we still love ya )
thanx
Angie xxx

NEVER BE INTIMIDATED, NEVER GIVE UP NEVER BE DEFEATED.
you are what you are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Karateka
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be respectful to everyone on this forum, especially a Sensei. That is a rule that is taught to everyone when they first start out

Tobias_Reece
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Matayoshi Okinawawn Kobudo, Shotokan Karate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou Karateka

Angie - dont worry

Steven - dont worry

Keep on smiling - I know I will be

C ya

Principal Kobudo Instructor & Owner
West Yorkshire Kobudo Academy
2nd Kyu (Matayoshi Okinawan Kobudo, IOKA UK)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Jiggy9
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2001 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

apologies about the post thing, just did it at several diff times during the day.

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitley agree with what you have to say there Jiggy9, its all about state of mind, If you are in it and are overconfident about winning, you may not win, because you don't have the fuel of eagerness backing you up. This is also something that Tobias_Reece was talking about in class to me. The more confident you are about it, the less chance you have to win.He also told me never to doubt myself either, this creates a less of a winning state of mind, If you odubt yourself, you will think that it is worthless even putting in an ounze of effort.

I always try to be first off the mark, this intimidates your opponent and could win you the early points that could win you the match.

Going back to what you said, Jiggy9. Taisabacki is an excellent point scoring method in competitions, BUT, you have to make sure that you do not let your opponent get too used to what you are doing, instead of all the time using body evasion with a reverse punch, try body evasion with a kick to the head, here scoring a full point, instead of only just a half point.Why get elss when the oppertunity is there to get more.

Anyway, sorry for babbling on and on.

C Ya

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Jiggy9
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if im wrong, but for choudan punches you usually get 1 point, Joudan hits, 2 points rite? Don't you usually get 3 points for hitting someone on their back??

Karateka
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chudan and Jodan hits are one point, multiple techniques, techniques to the back, and getting your opponent off balance is two points, and kicks to the head and total takedowns are three points. For the new rules, go to http://www.wkf.net and download them there!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: