Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey,
i havent sparred that much but i have done a far share,
but when i do, there always seems to be like a five second pause after you bow, trying to think what to do and what your oppents first move is, its most likely to be a jab,
one thing which i always do wrong is that my favourit move is step sidekick, and i always land sideways, giving the oppent the ideal position to trip me up, i also always seem to close my eyes when punching for a split second, or when being kicked at, this is very bad - since i normally get smacked straight in the face since i dnt know where i am!, another fault is that i always always drop my guard when sparring
i wonder if you guys could give me some general tips and pointers to help me improve sparring and my faults,
i normally get to nervous are pause to think rather than fight!!
any info would be helpful
-ad

10 and half stone

[ This Message was edited by: ad on 2001-11-30 13:02 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any ideas
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

rgovoro
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I,m far from being a master, but I,ll tell you what I know.In our style, when you spar, they tell you to bow, get in a fighting stance, and as soon as they yell to begin they want you to come of the line flailing.I like to mix up different attacks.Try to explode off the line with a quick, straight punch like Bruce Lee did against Bob Wall in "Enter the dragon".Try to fake high with you next punch, but instead of following through, kick to the groin or torso( we aren't allowed to sweep, maybe you are). Try a punch and kick at the same time.The point of sparring is to let both people gain experience hitting and getting hit. The three best tips I can give you are these;1)Speed-you don't have to be fast, just faster than you opponent.2)DON'T change you facial expression when you attack. Practice this in a mirror. Be able to chew gum and kick butt at the same time and never miss a beat. 3) Hide your attack till the last minute. Keep your spinning backfist and rear kick tight in all the way through as you fire them. Don't **** your arm back before you throw a punch, etc. Just keep practicing and thinking how to get it there quicker and more effectively. Good luck to ya!

rgovoro
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should say draw where those four**** are

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THNX FOR THE INFO;)

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh?

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ad and welcome to the forum.

You ask a common question and different forums here have threads about sparring asked by others. The main thing for you I think will be just more experience.

Try to find a senior student with a bit of patience to spar with you. One of the jobs of a senior student in a sempai-kohai role is to assist with learning. They should push you a bit without killing or hurting you. They should give you opportunities to try things and maybe slow some of their techniques a bit in order for you to learn how to respond.

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2001 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thnx for the input.
you guys have most improved my view of sparring
-ad

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2001 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remember also to take a good look around in some of the other forums. There are several good threads in various places on sparring problems. The shotokan and kickboxing area's spring to mind. Go take a look.

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2001 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(whoa my first yellow belt at posting ),
for real, thnx for that, im doing that at this moment, thnx for replying sai
-ad

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: