Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sports Medicine is very athlete focused for prevention and maintenance of their physical well-being. Yet they have clear borders of what their jurisdiction is and what they aren't allowed to do due to their Professional Training. Although they are able to develop amazing treatments that work wonders for athletes and non-athletes alike.

But many who work in this field do often work with those that aren't considered athletes. So they will assist those wishing to participate in Sport at the Domestic Level.

In my field of work I work more with Non-Athletes, in which are those people that aren't on a State or National Team that competes in Sport. Whereas Athletes are those who do compete at a Professional Level (even those children who play representative sport in their respective state).

We distinguish between them (Athletes and Non-Athletes) because of the different requirements of those populations and how they are having to train. So Sports Medicine comes in handy due to the unique nature of the treatment requirements of those people and how they should be recovering to prevent future injuries and muscle wastage.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
Sports medicine is about keeping athletes on the field or getting them back out onto the field.
This also sounds similar to, keeping the sodiers fighting on the battle field or getting them back in to the war as soon as possible.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: