Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Safroot
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:14 pm    Post subject: Starting Muay Thai ! Reply with quote

Hi,
I am starting my Muay Thai Journey next week. I have tried to find some online books / website speaking about the Muay Thia art but wasn't that lucky.

Does anyone here practising Muay Thai & can direct me to a good book explaining the history / philosophy of the art as I find this very important for me to give some depth to my training.

Thanks in advance for your help

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Safroot! Long time no speak, good to have you back!! I can't name any books on the history of Muay Thai but, philosophy wise have you searched for any on Buddhism and Muay Thai? The two seem pretty interwoven, so maybe there's an avenue to explore there?

Mo.

Safroot
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mazzybear , yes very long time, since early 2015 I would say when I stopped training but now I am ready to restart was thinking of Muay Thai but the school close to my new place is not recognised by any Muay Thai organisation , Instructor is a young guy who has been training in Muay Thai for only 3 years and the place has its own grading, felt it will be doddgy then I found a Kyokushin karate school close by & I am planning to restart training there soon, hopefully before Christmas.

I have really missed being a part of this lovely forum but life was too busy with family, kids, work, ......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: