Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bring this topic back up, but the key thing to get right when stretching is your breathing...inhale before the stretch, then exhale as you go into it...that way you won't go too far and strain your muscles.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

F-S-K
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah great advice, also when you reach the limit of your stretch, breathe in...hold it, close your eyes and let your mind go blank, then exhale and push the stretch, you will be able to go a further couple of inches

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great way to stretch your legs without hurting your back is to lie down on your back and push your butt against the wall with your legs up and stretch as far as you can - gravity will also help you to stretch more without you realizing it - works for me!!

Lori

-Unknown-

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey defenestration_girl...How was the pub??? Wish I could have downed a cold one with you! Just got back from teaching!
Listen...another thing that works for me is this. I also have had nagging back problems. Mine result from jump kicks....seems I am not too light on my feet when I make contact with the floor and pound my heels which causes my back to ache tremendously. (force of habit...I am not a good jumper - which will bring me to make next thread look for it!)
But one thing I tell my students (fitness kickboxing) is to keep abdominals tight ALL THE TIME...if not your back comes into play. Try while doing your stretches and while kicking.

Deby

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should look after your back...tsk tsk. LOL, just kidding...looking forward to reading the thread.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: