Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Super Hero Personal Trainer Spider Man or Wonder Woman? Reply with quote

As the ancient Shaolin monk martisl artists were inspired by animals real or imaginary, birds and insect, not forgetting reptiles.

Today we can incorporate popular culture in to our exercise routines.

Superman, The Hulk, Wolverine, Cat Woman (meow) and many more, but one stands out in my mind for realistic reasons and that is Spider Man.

To be exactly like Spiderman, is an unrealistic expectations but there is an obvious element of fun attached to the idea. There are exercises named after Spider Man, yes they are Yoga moves but who cares, as long as they are motivating people to exercise.

Who is or would be your super hero personal trainer?

Perhaps a personal trainer that can crack the wip, such as Wonder Woman, will bring the best out of you and is more to your liking.

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had a Superhero (and/or Antihero) as a Personal Trainer - I would go for Batman/Bruce Wayne because he doesn't have any Superpowers but he can hold his own against those who does.

DWx
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Tae Kwon Do & Yang family Tai Chi

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do a warm up game with my kids where we sometimes use superheros. They have to go up and down the room moving like Spiderman would, or maybe like the Hulk or Catwoman.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DWx wrote:
I do a warm up game with my kids where we sometimes use superheros. They have to go up and down the room moving like Spiderman would, or maybe like the Hulk or Catwoman.
This is a fantastic idea for kids, perhaps some Dojos could implement a little super hero mentality to balance out the strict codes of conduct once in awhile.

I could just imagine a Dojo full of kids all decked out in Spider Man costumes instead of wearing Gis.

Or the CI, the only one wearing a super hero costume for the entire class.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: