Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly do not know what a way to long syllabus looks and/or feels like. I embrace the syllabus as it is, and never have given it a thought, for a second. Even when we discuss the syllabus, with it sitting on the table, I've never once thought and/or said..."Man, our syllabus is long!!" It's important across the board, but at the end of the day, as far as I'm concerned, it's just a thing, and it just isn't that important to loose sleep over it and/or its length.

Whenever a student asks about the its length...and asks, Why? And they have asked from time to time...

"The summation of 'Why' is to the summation of 'Because'!! Now please go train hard and train well!!"

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
I honestly do not know what a way to long syllabus looks and/or feels like. I embrace the syllabus as it is, and never have given it a thought, for a second. Even when we discuss the syllabus, with it sitting on the table, I've never once thought and/or said..."Man, our syllabus is long!!" It's important across the board, but at the end of the day, as far as I'm concerned, it's just a thing, and it just isn't that important to loose sleep over it and/or its length.

Whenever a student asks about the its length...and asks, Why? And they have asked from time to time...

"The summation of 'Why' is to the summation of 'Because'!! Now please go train hard and train well!!"

As I like to say "it is what it is".

singularity6
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Jidokwan Taekwondo and Hapkido, Yoshokai Aikido, ZNIR Iaido, Kendo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do have some particular advantages here, however.

a) This is martial arts. It's not supposed to be easy!
b) The syllabus is essentially a contract between the instructor and the student. All complaints about the syllabus should be aired BEFORE signing up for class.

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: