Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more days...April 6, 2015...opening day...sorry, but I don't care who the Yankees are playing just as long as the Yankees are playing!! Curious and excited at the same time because legends retired, as it's meant to be, to open the roster for new talent. MISS YOU JETER/MO!!

GO YANKEES!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This season of MLB has been exciting and nail biting. The Houston Astros are the shocking team that just won't go away. They split with the Yankees when they played in Houston, and they've won some games that they deserved because of their heart. I'm not a Astros fan, and now that I live in Houston, TX, I can't bring myself to go to an Astros game at Minute Maid Field.

Yankees are in 1st place; 5 games ahead of the Blue Jay. Astros are in 2nd place; 0 games behind the Angels...only percentages separate 1st place from 2nd place in their division. I'm hoping at the end of the regular season that the Yankees will have a better record than the Astros, but I hope both teams can play some Red October ball.

I'm a Yankee fan, and I only have one thing to say....

GO YANKEES!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great season, especially if you're a Yankee fan...and I am!! I'm excited for the playoffs, and the hopes of going deep in the playoffs. I thought for sure, yeah...I'm dumb...that the Yankees would be out of the playoff picture for some time having to rebuild the team since many Yankees retired.

BUT...here we are, as the end of the regular season is about to usher in the playoffs, and the Yankees are inching closer and closer to securing a playoff spot.

This is not for me to speak ugly about anyone's team...How did your team do this year and how do you feel about their season??

Here's a fist bump to the Yankees...

GO YANKEES!!

Lupin1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not huge into baseball anymore. I grew up a Yankees fan 30 minutes north of Boston, so when I was younger I had to follow baseball to be able to back myself up when I got trash talked... every single day... When I became an adult and moved around a little and wasn't around my Yankees fan father all the time, I mostly stopped following with sport with nothing really left but an unwavering dislike for the Red Sox.

This year, however, I did follow the Cubs on Facebook just to keep up with how my cousin was doing.

He had a great Rookie season and broke the Cubs club record for Rookie home runs belting out 26 so far this year. He also was in the Home Run Derby and was on the National League All Star Team as a reserve.

The Cubs themselves look to be playing for the Wild Card slot for the playoffs. I don't expect them to make it too far into the playoffs this year, but with an outstanding group coming together this year, I can see them making a strong showing in two or three years (and now I'm starting to sound like a Cubs fan...).

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bryant has had an awesome season! Congrats. The Cubs have already clinched their wild card spot and will be playing against the Pirates (most likely in Pittsburgh) in the one game playoff. If you make it, you never know what could happen. Exciting times.

Definitely excited that the Yankees will probably be back in the playoffs. Even though we've been really fortunate since the mid-90s, I always tried not to take playoff baseball for granted. Being out of it these last two years has stunk. (I realize that sounds ridiculous if your team hasn't seen the playoffs for many years).

Unless a collapse occurs, the only playoff spot still seriously in play is the second wild card slot in the American League. Astros, Angels or maybe Twins.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupin1 wrote:
I'm not huge into baseball anymore. I grew up a Yankees fan 30 minutes north of Boston, so when I was younger I had to follow baseball to be able to back myself up when I got trash talked... every single day... When I became an adult and moved around a little and wasn't around my Yankees fan father all the time, I mostly stopped following with sport with nothing really left but an unwavering dislike for the Red Sox.

This year, however, I did follow the Cubs on Facebook just to keep up with how my cousin was doing.

He had a great Rookie season and broke the Cubs club record for Rookie home runs belting out 26 so far this year. He also was in the Home Run Derby and was on the National League All Star Team as a reserve.

The Cubs themselves look to be playing for the Wild Card slot for the playoffs. I don't expect them to make it too far into the playoffs this year, but with an outstanding group coming together this year, I can see them making a strong showing in two or three years (and now I'm starting to sound like a Cubs fan...).

Wait,

Your cousin plays for the Cubs? WOW! That's way to cool! Give him my bests because it's not easy to make it to the show...and stay there!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankees...86-69...4 games behind the Blue Jays, who are in 1st place!! Only 7 games left in the regular season. The Astros are 82-74...close...very close. I made a bet at the beginning of the season with a friend for $100 between the Astros and the Yankees, in a The Best Standings at the end of the regular season. And with only 7 games left, it's still anybody's bet to win. So, there will be a time before the end of the seasons final games, that one of us will have won the $100. Another nail biter that I've, as of late, been dealing with.

So, with that being said...

GO YANKEES!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's belated, but it's better than never...Congratulations to the Kansas City Royals World Series victory!! I'm sure Brian smiled about this.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belated congrats to Devin's cousin on being named the NL Rookie of the Year by a unanimous vote! Crazy impressive.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14148411/2015-mlb-rookie-year-kris-bryant-chicago-cubs-named-nl-winner
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Belated congrats to Devin's cousin on being named the NL Rookie of the Year by a unanimous vote! Crazy impressive.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/14148411/2015-mlb-rookie-year-kris-bryant-chicago-cubs-named-nl-winner

YES...Congrats to Devin's cousin, Kris Bryant; an award of great magnitude for any rookie in MLB.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 14 of 29
Jump to: