Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES....

It's upon us once again...

IT'S OPENING DAY for MLB!!

Time to get your glove and baseball hat and your tickets and hot dog and peanuts and cracker-jacks and your favorite beverage and...

GO OUT TO YOUR FAVORITE...

BASEBALL GAME!!

GO YANKEES!!

Lupin1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo hoo!

This is the year of the Cubs. I can feel it!

IcemanSK
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Taekwondo Chung Do Kwan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupin1 wrote:
Woo hoo!

This is the year of the Cubs. I can feel it!

Go Cubbies!!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally...it's about time...better late than never...

The Yankees WON!! I was like, whew....man oh man...how much does a WIN cost nowadays...

But, boy oh boy, it felt good!!

::DEEPLY SIGHS OF RELIEF::

Yankee's are having rebuilding growth pains, as of late, but it's still early in the season!!

GO YANKEES!!

Lupin1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the fact that the Cubs are in the World Series for the first time since 1945?

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris Bryant is having a great postseason!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give credit where credit is due...

At first, it seemed to me that the Indians wanted the World Series, and everything that it takes to secure that rarity of trophies, was being done by the Indians. The 94-67 Indians took the task to the 103-58 Cubs quite decisively so.

With the Indians jumping to a 3-1 lead over the Cubs; all but defeat of the Cubs was at hand. Just 1 more win would end the curse over the Indians, and that same curse would still haunt the Cubs. The Cubs refused to yield to what appeared to be their inevitable demise into the darkness.

But wait...Friday might be here but Sunday is coming...that small and faint flickering light at the end of that tunnel of hope, started to grow larger and brighter for the Cubs as they found their second wind...and the old idiom still rings true..."It's not over until the fat lady sings!!", the never die Cubs forced that lady to have a seat and enjoy the comeback kids from Chicago and the show that they're about to unleash.

The Cubs, who were blessed enough to usher in their third World Series win, as well as their first title since 1908, a period of 108 years was at the threshold of being abated.

Game 5...Cubs win 3-2
Game 6...Cubs win 9-3
Game 7...Cubs win, in a classic 10 inning battle, 8-7

The Cubs were not to be denied; and denied they weren't.

The Indians had their hand on that allusive golden ring, yet, slowly the tide changed away from the Indians, and with just 1 more win to secure the 2016 World Series, however, that was not to be such an easy task, as the Indians painfully discovered with each offensive Cub swing of the bat, and with a renewed defense, as well, the Cubs were far from being done.

Not to speak ill against the Indians, who were back in the World Series for the first time since 1997, and came within one win of their fist title since 1948...a curse that remains these 68 years, and still counting, they just, for some reason, ran out of gas in both the offense as well as the defense.

And in a game decided by the baseball Gods on high, anything, and I mean anything can occur in a baseball game. Just when one might think that they've seen and/or heard it all, one quickly learns that that's not the case.

Sure, as a Yankee fan, I always want to see them in the World Series, and emerging Champions once again, they've won 27 World Series, most in MLB, but that's not always to be. That too, is the beauty of baseball!!

So, another year of baseball has been played, and now, as the boys of summer slumber, until they're called upon once again to prepare themselves for the very next...Batter Up, to ring from stadium to stadium, and as fans sing once again...Take Me Out To The Ballgame...and with every purchase of every baseball staples of peanuts and cracker-jacks and hot dog and soda/beer; there's only one thing to say...

PLAY BALL!!

Congrats to the Chicago Cubs; Champions of the 2016 World Series!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, Cubbies.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to the Cubs! Also, Kris Bryant fielding the final out and smiling. That's amazing, Devin, haha.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you start to smell the peanuts...the cracker jacks...the hotdogs...the grass...the excitement??!! Well, I can!!

It's almost time for...BATTER UP!!

Time for me to start wearing my Yankee hat, and no other hat. Players are starting to gear up for their spring training, and I'm so HAPPY!!

Baseball
Football
Basketball

In that order!!

MLB has decided to do some things to shorten, aka, speed the game up, and to me, this is total a uncalled for slap in the face of the OLD BALLGAME!! Leave it alone; it's not broken, imho, so don't try to fix it...LEAVE IT ALONE...PLEASE!!

http://www.kctv5.com/story/34576232/mlb-introduces-new-rule-to-speed-up-games-in-2017

GO YANKEES!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 15 of 29
Jump to: