Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we are...

The All-Star Game is steadfastly approaching...July 17, 2018 in Washington, DC being hosted by the Washington Nationals at Nationals Park. As we fans know all to well, the All-Star Game officially marks that seasons halfway point of the 162 regular season games.

As the fans pour into Nationals Park for the 7pm first pitch between the National League and the American League, as you hear one of the most welcomed and beloved sounds..."Play Ball...Get your Hot Dog...Get your Peanuts...Get your Cracker Jacks"...the crack of the bat...the kid in us all marvel about games most favorite pass time...BASEBALL.

Before the first pitch of the 89th Major League Baseball All-Star Game, there's the exciting anticipation of All Star FunFest Week, July 13-17, that's jammed packed for all ages and all fans with some of that weeks activities, like the 5K Run, All-Stars Prospects Game, All-Star Legends & Celebrity Softball Game, and then my most favorite of them all...Home Run Derby.

I, being the NY Yankee fan that I am, was pleased that the Yankees Organization had 4 dynamic players to represent them...Judge, Torres, Chapman, and Severino...of which Torres might not play due to a right hip strain he received on July 4th...I hope he's cleared. My dear Yankee's presently, at the time of this post, are in 2nd place right behind our arch rivals, the Boston Red Sox, by 3.5 games, sporting regular season standings of 61-31 with plenty of baseball to still be played.

Which team are you cheering for this year?? Of course, I'm cheering on the American League.

"Take me out to the ballgame..."

GO AMERICAN LEAGUE...GO YANKEES!!

singularity6
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Jidokwan Taekwondo and Hapkido, Yoshokai Aikido, ZNIR Iaido, Kendo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mom's a season ticket holder for the Detroit Tigers, and has been so for at least a decade. That's the only team I've even loosely followed, and it's only because of her.

People usually get cranky when they realize I'm not much of a fan, and I tell them I've been to playoff games.

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your mom's Tigers are in 3rd place, 40-55 record, behind the Twins, and then by the Indians; 11.5 games from 1st place. I believe that the true battle right now is between the Twins and the Tigers. Both doing all that they can to upset the others.

Your mom's Detroit Tigers Organization sent RHP Jimenez, chosing by the MLB, to represent them at this years All-Star Game with a 2.85 ERA, who possesses a 95 MPH pitch. He's taught the Yankees that Jimenez is a force to be reckoned with.

I've a soft part in my heart for your mom's Tigers...until Red October.

GO YANKEES!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...well...well...

My American League won against the National League by the score of 8-6. The game was a home run derby of its own...10 home runs...One was predicted...three were go-ahead...two were back-to-back.

Aaron Judge, of my Yankees, started bombing the yards in the 2nd inning...of course, I cheered...ok...I cheered LOUDLY!! Then Mike Trout, of the Angels, did his part in the 3rd inning. Then, Jean Segura, of the Mariners, who predicted he'd go yard, and guess what, he did...it wasn't the prettiest HR, but a HR nonetheless. Next, and I love his first name...Scooter Gennett, of the Reds blasted a 2 run HR in the bottom of the 9th.

Game now tied 5-5; now we're in extra innings.

Wait, wait, wait...it's not fair of me to forget the notables in the Natinal League who went yard, so, Joey Votto, Willson Contreras, Trevor Story, Christian Yelich also HR'd for the NL.

My blood pressure went down shortly after my American League recaptured the lead when Alex Bregman of the Astros went yard in the 10th inning...with the go-ahead. But to not be outdone, Astros teammate George Springer went yard for back-to-back HR's.

10 times both Leagues went yard, which broke the record of 6 HR's, which was done back in 1951, 1054, and 1971.

Yes sir/ma'am...that was one for the books, and one exciting game for this dedicated Yankee fan because as of late, that midsummers game wasn't the most exciting thing to watch, except for the Home Run Derby. Ha Ha Ha, this year we fans were treated to two Home Run Derby's.

This is why many consider, and I'm included among them, baseball is the greatest past-time.

OK, time to come back to earth, and back to MLB regular season. I got to get back behind my Yankees and cheer them to the playoffs, and then to the World Series...the land where dreams come true.

GO YANKEES!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we are, MLB time for the PLAYOFFS...

My Yankee's could have done worse, but they did better than rest in the AL East...

They capped off the regular season with a 100-61 record, 7 games behind the 1st Place spot in the AL East, Red Sox, with a record of 107-54. These two teams are ending the regular with a 3 game series at the historic Fenway Park in Boston, MA...they end the regular season, as well as their series September 30, 2018...first pitch at 3PM.

The Yankees VS Red Sox record during their last 3 game series has the Yankees going yard quite a lot...

Yankees 11
Red Sox 8

Yankees 8
Red Sox 5

While these twos rivalry is no secret, my Yankees has the better record at 30-27 this year. Hopefully the Yankees will sweep the fast and final season,,,and what a year its been for them both.

After this Sunday's season closer, the Red Sox will get a much deserved rest before they meet the winners of the one game AL East Wild Card game between the A's and the Yankees this Wednesday, October 3, 2018...at Yankee Stadium, first pitch at 705PM.

Then, should the Yankees defeat the A's, and they should, then the Yankees will travel back to the Green Monster for a best-of 5 game series against none other than the Red Sox; 2 games in Fenway Park, then 2 games in Yankee Stadium, and then, if need be, back in Boston.

Hopefully your team is in the playoffs, and do well...if not, then better luck next year.

GO YANKEES!!

Lupin1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite growing up 40 minutes from Boston, I was raised a Yankees fan (my dad's from Buffalo). I am very anti-Red Sox.

However my cousin plays for the Cubs (even though he was on the DL for a good chunk of the season), so they're the ones I'll be cheering for.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cubs are a solid team, and imho, they've casted off their dreaded curse in a much respectful fashion.

The Cubs are holding onto a 1 game lead over the Brewers. Now, the Cubs, 94-67, are hosting the Cardinals, 88-73, and they've split the 3 game series so far, with the season closer today, September 30, 2018, first pitch at 295PM, at iconic Wrigley Field, in Chicago, IL.

Cleveland is in the playoffs once again, and that would be great to see the Cubs win over the Indians once again like they did at the 2016 WS in a nail biting finally in game 7. However, Cleveland has to go through Houston first, and the way Houston is playing, that won't be a picknick; Houston is predicted to reach AND win the 2018 WS!!

Good luck to your cousins Cubs during this season.

GO YANKEES!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupin1 wrote:
Despite growing up 40 minutes from Boston, I was raised a Yankees fan (my dad's from Buffalo). I am very anti-Red Sox.

However my cousin plays for the Cubs (even though he was on the DL for a good chunk of the season), so they're the ones I'll be cheering for.

That's awesome. Would you be willing to tell us his name?

I'm excited for the post season to get started here. The Royals had just an abysmal season, which I kind of expected, but not this bad. But, they have some things to look forward to. Mondesi really started playing well, and was knocking the crap out of the ball, and O'Hearns looks like a promising young player as well. If Bonifacio can stay out of trouble and play an entire season, then I think KC can have a decent offensive lineup next season. They just have to rebuild their pitching staff. Junis looks good, and Duffy will still be consistent, but the bullpen needs reworked.

Who is everyone's WS pick?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
Lupin1 wrote:

I'm excited for the post season to get started here. The Royals had just an abysmal season, which I kind of expected, but not this bad. But, they have some things to look forward to. Mondesi really started playing well, and was knocking the crap out of the ball, and O'Hearns looks like a promising young player as well. If Bonifacio can stay out of trouble and play an entire season, then I think KC can have a decent offensive lineup next season. They just have to rebuild their pitching staff. Junis looks good, and Duffy will still be consistent, but the bullpen needs reworked.

Who is everyone's WS pick?

KC's season could've been far worse; ask the poor Orioles who limped into the privilege of having the worse 2018 MLB record of 47-115 with a .290%, and 61 games behind the Red Sox.

True, your Royals ended up in last place for the AL Central with a 2018 MLB record of 58-104 with a .358%, pitcher Jason Hammel finishing with a 6.02 ERA, going 5-21 in June, winning a total of just 11 series, getting swept 15 times, yielding 10 or more runs 18 times, finishing 33 games behind the first place Cleveland Indians.

If the Dodgers can keep the Brewers at bay, and if the Yankees can shake off the Red Sox, I'd love to see a Dodgers and Yankees WS...once again; the battle of the coasts. However, both of these teams, no matter how good they are, have 8 other teams rifling for being in the Show of all Shows...the WS; there are no easy sweeps and/or series' this year, imho.

GO YANKEES!!

Lupin1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:

Kris Bryant. He's my 2nd cousin (his grandpa and my grandma were brother and sister).

Maybe next year.

Now I'm back to rooting for my default-- GO YANKEES! And if they get out, GO ANYONE WHO ISN'T THE RED SOX!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 16 of 30
Jump to: