Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupin1 wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:
That's awesome. Would you be willing to tell us his name?

Kris Bryant. He's my 2nd cousin (his grandpa and my grandma were brother and sister).

Maybe next year.

Now I'm back to rooting for my default-- GO YANKEES! And if they get out, GO ANYONE WHO ISN'T THE RED SOX!

ROFL...I knew there was a reason why I liked you a lot, Devin!!

Even though the Cubs lost to the Rockies 2-1 in 13 innings. I don't see any reason for both the Cubs and its fans to feel defeated; the Cubs have shown as of these many years past, leading up to last night, that they Cubs are a team to be reckoned with, and not scoffed at.

Sure, the Rockies advanced to the NLDS on 2 Cub errors, but the Rockies better cinch their straps tight because the Rockies against the Brewers in the regular season were only 2-5; that's nothing to toot their horn about.

The Cubs, and your cousin, Kris Bryant, will be back in the playoffs again next year.

And tonight, the Yankees better play better baseball across the board against the A's, or the can join the Cubs watching the rest of the playoff at home. Tonights game, as Zach Kram, of the Ringer, wrote earlier this morning, "This Isn’t ‘Moneyball,’ and the A’s Aren’t Underdogs"

Time will tell!!

GO YANKEES!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

7-2!!

Yankees 7
A's 2

ALWC!!

Now, onto the Red Sox for the 5 game ALDS, today's first pitch is at 630PM at Fenway Park. Games 1 and 2 in Boston, then 2 games in New York, and if needed, 1 game back at the Green Monster.

Thus so far during the regular 2018 season between these two teams has the Red Sox winning 10 times against the Yankees, and the Yankees winning 9 times against the Red Sox.

Rivalry aside, both teams had better be at their best better than their opponent, and not just for a moment, but for the entire series.

History has a sour way to repeating itself, and MLB is not exception, more like a rule when superstitions are the way of baseball. Either team can do whatever superstitious rituals they feel that they must perform to be rid of those evil spirits, but sound baseball playing on both sides of the ball better be the rule.

2017 wasn't that far away for either of these two teams...

ALWC: Twins 4 and the Yankees 8

In the ALDS...

The Red Sox where waiting for the Astros...and the Indians were waiting for the Yankees...

Houston wins the series against the Red Sox 3-1
Yankees win the series against the Indians 3-2

Red Sox eliminated!!
Yankees go to the ALCS...against Houston

Every hope and dream of any MLB fan is to cheer on their team to the land of possibilities...the WS, and then onto WS Championship. BUT, first one has to outperform their opponents to reach the playoffs, then survive the playoffs before the reality of the WS envelopes them with optimistic energy.

BUT, one first at a time...

Houston wins the ALCS against the Yankees 4-3, at Minute Main Park in Houston; a back and forth having the fans on the edge of their seats series...Houston fought back with the it's-not-over-until-the-fat-lady-sings attitude; Yankees HAD to win just, which is like 'if', only 1 more game to advance to the WS, a land they've not been to since 2009 win they defeated the Phillies in 6 games, 7-3, for their 27th WS Championship...

Houston wins game 6...7-1
Houston wins game 7...4-0

Yankee bats went dead freezing arctic ice cube COLD!!

Btw, for grins and giggles...Houston won the 2017 WS against the Dodgers in a back and forth fight in the series 4-3.

Red Sox VS Yankees starts tonight...who will advance...who will go home to watch the playoffs on TV?!?!

Who wants it more!?!?

I long for the day when the Yankees and the Dodgers meet up in the WS; dream come true for me.

GO YANKEES!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Games 1 and 2 in the ALDS are in the books...series tied, 1-1...From Fenway Park...

Game 1:

Yankees 4
Red Sox 5

The Red Sox hammered their 5 runs early in the game; 3 runs in the 1st and 2 runs in the 3rd, with the Yankees swatting at flies at the plate courtesy of Chris Sale's ERA record of 1 against the Yankees; this day was no exception.

Yankees battled, coming just 1 run short of tying, and 2 runs short of winning game 1 in this years ALDS. However, short is short and a loss is a loss and the Red Sox earned that win hands down.

Game 2:

Yankees 6
Red Sox 2

The Yankees found their batting groove once again, which was hit and miss in game 1, and the producers for the Yankees were found 1 run in the 1st, 2 runs in the 2nd, and 3 runs in the 7th; a total opposite outcomes from game 1.

Red Sox barely came alive with 1 run in the 4th and 7th innings. It took 4 Yankee pitchers to silence the Red Sox bats, and it took Judge and Sanchez to propel the Yankees to win game 2.

The Red Sox and Yankees clashed in their first postseason series in 14 years. And therefore, the battle between these two teams continues in game 3 this coming Monday at Yankee Stadium, opening pitch at 6:40PM, and game 4 opening pitch Tuesday at 7:07PM.

Should...if...a final game 5 have to occur, well, back to Boston, MA and the Green Monster. This is why the Yankees NEEDED that game 2 win desperately coming into game 3 at Yankee Stadium.

If the Yankees had allowed the Red Sox, and that type of momentum of 2-0 in the ALDS, the fight would be all but over, but the odds would've favored the Red Sox to walk into the ALCS with their heads up and their shoulders back at the expenses of the Yankees been assured. No team wants to give their opponents that advantage, especially the Red Sox, because they're that deadly of a team.

GO YANKEES!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone say...BLOWOUT!?!?!!!

Someone call the police to report an assault occurred of epic proportions upon my beloved Yankees last night by the Red Sox in New York, please, pretty please.

Red Sox 16
Yankees 1

And no, that's not a typo of the final score between the Red Sox and the Yankees for the ALDS, game 3 of the best of 5 in front of the sold out and stunned Yankee Stadium.

The Red Sox handed the Yankees on through unmerciful whopping as though the Yankees had talked bad about someones mamma. One ball after another after another went yard.

Yankees one and only score came in on the 4th Inning. The show of raining balls yard began in the 2nd inning with 1 run, then the 3rd inning with 2 runs, then storm came in the way of a 7 run 4th inning. Rain subsided in the 5th and the 6th inning, but the rain began once again with a 1 run in the 7th, then 2 runs in the 8th, and then 2 runs in the 9th.

By then, the Yankees were drenched with the raining of balls, and the bottom of the 9th was only a requirement. The Red Sox amassed 16 runs with 18 Hits...18 hits; smoldering bats. However, the Yankees 5 hits, only provided 1 run; cold freezing bats.

It didn't matter to the Red Sox who the Yankees had on the mound because they were ineffective against the Red Sox inning after an inning. It's as though the first inning was the calm before the storm, and the 4th inning was a monsoon, and the 5th and 6th inning was a temporary break in the storm before the rain began, once again; Mother Nature was raining Red Sox hailstorms all over Yankee Stadium.

I don't know why game 3 was lopsided as it was, but I do know this one thing, the Yankees better tighten us their belts and play as though they're possessed by the baseball devil himself because they Yankees can't lose these next two games, they have to win them all from here on out. Hopefully, the Red Sox got all of that frustration out, and that their bats are dead cold.

One more game, game 4 in New York, and game 5, I PRAY, in Boston.

Yankees better wake the heck up now...either put up or shut up!!

Btw, the Dodgers defeated the Braves 3-1 in their NLDS series; they now face the Brewers, who swept the Rockies in that ALDS series 3-0, in the NLCS starting this Friday for their best of 7. Astros swept the Indians 4-0 in their NLDS series, and they now await for either the Red Sox or the Yankees.

I hope it's the Yankees, because Houston eliminated the Red Sox in last years ALDS 3-1, and Houston eliminated the Yankees from the ALCS, and a trip back to the WS 4-3; both the Red Sox and the Yankees want revenge on the defending WS Champion Astros.

GO YANKEES!!!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't in the cards for the Yankees attempt to advance to the ALCS with the Astros. Efforts weren't for naught with the Yankees who sang that unfortunate familiar song...ALMOST.

Yankees almost brought tonights game 4 into extra innings against their arch nemesis, the Red Sox...the Yankees almost came 1 series closer to returning to the place of hallowed ground, where they've won 27 World Series...the Yankees almost brought their WS drought to a merciful end...the Yankees almost cooled down the Red Sox bats...the Yankees almost chased that monkey off their backs...the Yankees almost...almost...almost...

Almost is becoming quite of a Swan Song for them these past 9 years of priming their WS aspirations, then to fall short to the better team. Yes, I did say "...to fall short to the better team", and the score board witnesses that undeniable fact. Back to the drawing board in the hopes that the Yankees front office will plug its sinking ship.

Red Sox 4
Yankees 3

For a team that lead home runs the entire season, they couldn't seem to find one, or enough, to close game 4 with a very much needed 'W'...

Both teams were Scoreless through innings 1 and 2, then innings 3 and 4, respectfully, the Red Sox scored 3 runs AND scored 1, with 8 hits, which is all the Red Sox needed to defeat the Yankees, who scored 1 in the 5th, and a hope and pray charge of 2 in the 9th, with 5 hits and 1 error.

Congrats to the Red Sox!!

Maybe next year the Yankees will return to the WS, once again, I hope!!

GO YANKEES!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a rough go, Bob, especially with the recent acquisitions the Yankees have made in bats and pitching.

Who's your pick for the WS? Going to root for them Red Sox???

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
That's a rough go, Bob, especially with the recent acquisitions the Yankees have made in bats and pitching.

Who's your pick for the WS? Going to root for them Red Sox???

Red Sox's...ROFLMBO ROFL ROFL ...ah...NO!!!! Not in this lifetime!!!!

I'm an old Dodger fan from a time past...from yesteryear...from days gone by...from a time forgotten...from where memories still bring a smile, from...ahem...sorry...what was I saying?!...oh yeah...so, should they reach the WS, I'll be rooting for the Dodgers all the way, like I did last year against the Astros, even though Houston won The Commissioner's Trophy over the Dodgers; 4-3 games.

GO YANKEES...I know...the Yankees were eliminated...again...but can't a guy wish, hope, and pray...if not just for one more time!?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the final pitch...the final swing of the bat...the final hot dog and drink served...the final peanuts and crackerjacks sold...and the final batter up by the home plate umpire...and its final out, the 2018 World Series has been concluded between the Boston Red Sox and the Los Angeles Dodgers...4-1.

Congratulations on the Boston Red Sox winning their 9th Commissioner's Trophy, since 2013!!

This WS had all of the high expectations of it being a slugfest to the end of the 7th game; with these two titans trading one exciting play after another. However, the Red Sox had envisioned, and authored a much different story.

The Dodgers capped a great playoff by defeating first the Atlanta Braves 3-1, followed by defeating the Milwaukee Brewers 4-3. Dodgers showed that tenacity throughout the playoffs, but somewhere and someone, that tenacity was bridled with authority by the Red Sox during this WS.

The Red Sox's showed no weakness throughout the playoffs by first defeating the New York Yankees in a commanding 3-1 series, followed by defeating the 2017 World Series Champions Houston Astros 4-1 in the continued commanding fashion.

The WS was now set between these two teams, who've shown their mettle throughout the 2018 playoffs, to display why they both deserved to be in the WS.

I only wish that the Dodgers and the Red Sox might've served up a very exciting WS for the MLB fan base that so loves baseball, but that wasn't to be so because the Dodgers ran out of gas against the Red Sox at the most impromptu time.

Once again, congratulations to the 2018 World Series Champions the Boston Red Sox!!

GO YANKEES!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to the Boston Red Sox.

I did see that the Yankees signed up CC for another season. You like the signing, Bob?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've mixed feelings about CC across the board because he's not consistent at the right time. He's a great pitchers but I think the other teams are figuring him out. Like when the other teams figured Fernando Valenzuela of the Dodgers screwball...even when he changed his screwball 3 times; age catches up.

GO YANKEES!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 17 of 30
Jump to: