Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all good, Zaine!!

My Yankees!! Boy oh boy!! What else can I really say about my Yankees that the Astros haven't already said on the field...nothing. Obviously, the Astros were there for a reason, and that reason was to SWEEP my Yankees, while my Yankees were there to eat and spit out sunflower seeds...nothing more!!

Not even the rain delays could delay what the Astros had in their minds all along...SWEEP my Yankees like no one's other business. Even the Yankee pitching ace Gerrit Cole said that the Astros beat the Yankees in every facet. I must remind myself that Cole, before he became a Yankee, was a Houston Astros and was feeling homesick...maybe.

As a fan for the Yankees, I must give a ton of respect to the Astros for their exceptional post-season work across the board. The Astros took care of their opponents in a serious smashing effort during the post season like a team is supposed to who wants to go to the World Series, and not just to the Division and/or the Championship series.

I do believe that the players had a responsibility to execute the plans of the Manager to the best of their abilities, and sometimes even the best thought out plans faulter. Things just happen.

Now, I believe that the Yankee GM Cashman and the Manager Boone might need to go because they're the ones that are the authors of the Yankees playing blueprints.

All in all, the players must be accountable for their own job as an MLB player. Something that is swimming around in my head is that where was the big bat of Aaron Judge during the post-season?? With 36 At Bats, he only went yard 2 times...2...One HR for my birthday against Cleveland and one in game 2 against the Astros.

Getting real old real fast to keep saying...Maybe next year for my Yankees!! Ahem, it's been 13 years of MAYBES...before God calls me home, I want to see the Yankees win their 28th World Series. that's no to much to ask for...is it...no.

Players have their own opinions and fans have their own opinions, but when all of the dust settles down, it's the players and such that are in the Show, and us fans are NOT.

Well, let me just say this in closing...GO PHILLIES!!

GO YANKEES!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You think 13 years of maybes is bad? Try 30....

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:

You're right. As a Yankee fan, I pray that it never gets that bad. There are worse droughts, for sure.

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Judo, BJJ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did i not see this thread!!!

I am the rarity of a Scottish baseball fan. Personally i follow the Mariners (have done since the Big unit era). I follow the Bills and the Mariners and have been used to years of them being less than good - makes a change for them to both be decent now!

aurik
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Shuri-Ryu, Uechi-Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:

My (hockey) St Louis Blues went 24 straight years of making the playoffs without even getting to the Stanley Cup Finals. It took them 51 years from their inception before they won their first Stanley Cup.

I feel your pain.
Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan
ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aurik wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:

My (hockey) St Louis Blues went 24 straight years of making the playoffs without even getting to the Stanley Cup Finals. It took them 51 years from their inception before they won their first Stanley Cup.

I feel your pain.

thats true though i will see your 24 years and raise you the Marv Levy Bills reaching 4 superbowls and not winning one! For that period of time there were three certainties in life : Death, Taxes and the Bills losing in the Superbowl!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Series tied between the Phillies and the Astros with 1 game each. Phillies hosting the Astros at Citizens Bank Park for games 3-5. Unlike Minute Maid in Houston, Citizens Bank Park is an open-air stadium. Weather in Philidelphia will be threatening for 41% chance of rain for Game 3 on Tuesday, however, the rest of the stand will be sunny for Games 4 and 5.

The Phillies have won 11 division titles, including five consecutive division titles from 2007 to 2011. The Phillies have won seven NL pennants and two World Series titles, 1980 and 2008.

The Astros won the 2017 World Series, their first championship, against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Their postseason record since 2017-2021 are consistent appearances with 3 trips to the World Series.

Every stat seems to favor the Astros to win the World Series...again...for its 2 World Series Championships. At least the Astros can't sweep the Phillies in the World Series like the Astros swept the Mariners 3-0 and my Yankees 4-0.

As a Yankee fan, all I can say is...GO PHILLIES!! I will state this should the Astros win the World Series...Congrats and well deserved!! Only chance that my Yankees might appear at the World Series is that the Astros don't reach the postseasons or get eliminated during the postseason because it's very obvious to this Yankee fan that the Astros have my Yankees figured out.

I will never say that the Astros are a better team than my Yankees because that's subjective at least for any MLB team, imho. Besides, saying that the Astros are a better team than my Yankees leaves a nasty taste in my mouth.... YUCK!!

On a side note: At least my Cowboys are having a good season...so far.

GO YANKEES!!

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally i am hoping for the Astros to win for two reasons (one of which i will admit is a little odd).

1) I would like to see Verlander win another world series. He is a clear hall of fame pitcher and i think he has been a little underappreciated throughout his career (doesn't have enough CY Youngs i think etc)

2) I am slightly odd in that i prefer the clear best team to win rather than an underdog or someone "getting lucky / getting hot at the right time". I was hoping for a Dodgers vs Astros WS for that reason. I think most people could see over the entire season that the Astros were the best team out of them and the Phillies. Is kinda like the Giants teams that won 3 world series and were never really the best team in any year - they just got hot really

I'd also like to see Verlander win a game regardless of the final income - for him to be 0-6 in WS games is slightly crazy!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthPenguin wrote:
aurik wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:

I feel your pain.

thats true though i will see your 24 years and raise you the Marv Levy Bills reaching 4 superbowls and not winning one! For that period of time there were three certainties in life : Death, Taxes and the Bills losing in the Superbowl!

I was going to ask if you were a fan during those years. I remember those Super Bowls. I also remember the Bills beating my Chiefs in the AFC title game, losing Joe Montana to injury. Oh, Marty-Ball, I remember those days....

DarthPenguin
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
DarthPenguin wrote:
aurik wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:

I feel your pain.

I was going to ask if you were a fan during those years. I remember those Super Bowls. I also remember the Bills beating my Chiefs in the AFC title game, losing Joe Montana to injury. Oh, Marty-Ball, I remember those days....

It is also odd to see how quickly people forget. I went to the Bills london game a few years ago in a bills Jersey with Thurman Thomas name and number and had a few people pointing and saying who was that, he doesn't play for the Bills!!! This was in our still crap days too so no excuse that it was new Josh Allen fans!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 19 of 30
Jump to: