Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Burnett WAS finished, and imho, he should've been pulled prior to that inning...but...no!

The NLCS is now 3-2 in the favor of the Giants. I thought for sure that the Giants were going to the World Series in game #5...but...Haliday had other things in mind. So, we go back to Philidelphia. Interesting series thus far.

The ALCS is worse than an out of control roller coaster. Yankees hanging on by the skin of their teeth. I don't envy their situation; the Yankees MUST win every game or their done with.

Now, the Rangers, imho, don't want to go to a game seven with Cliff Lee on the mound because IF the Rangers go to the World Series, they'll need Cliff Lee in the first game of the World Series to set the tone.

The Yankees aren't done...YET, but they've got one foot in the grave and one foot out of the grave.

Saturday can't cmoe soon enough for me!

GO YANKEES

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not in the cards for the Yankees this year, unfortunately. Congrats to the Rangers and the Giants and their fans. Good luck.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all means, congrats to the Rangers and the Giants for having done so well this 2010 season. This World Series has all the makings of being one of the best.

Although I'm a Yankees fan, I'll be cheering for the Rangers; they certainly deserve all of my support!!

Yankees...practice a lot and let's return to the World Series. If possible, can we please purchase the services of one CLIFF LEE!!

GO RANGERS!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game #1 of the World Series is TONIGHT between the Rangers and the Giants...Good luck to them both, and may the best team win.

GO RANGERS!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should be an interesting series. Surprised Lee got roughed up as he did, but it was bound to happen eventually. But, I don't think the Rangers are out of it, like many analysts have said now that they lost a game with Lee starting. Lincecum didn't have his best stuff, either; he just managed to be that much better.

I hope that the Yankees don't get Lee signed. I'd like to see him elsewhere. After giving up a guy like Smoak, it would be in the best interest of the Rangers to do what they can to sign him long term. But, being bankrupt, that may not be in the cards.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The World Series!

Well...the Giants, at home, just lighted up the scoreboard. They took and defeated Cliff Lee, which the Yankees couldn't. The Giants outscored the Rangers by a 20-7 thru Game #2 of the World Series.

Then...the Rangers at home win 4-2. This was a need win, not a must win, and now the Series is 2-1 in the favor of the Giants. Game #4 is another need win for the Rangers. Ranger bats have to get much more hotter, otherwise the Giants will win Game #4. It'll be a must win from then on for the Rangers, imho, IF the Giants take Game #4.

The Rangers are far from over, and the Rangers do very well for themselves at home. Rangers have accomplished something. THEY WON A GAME IN THE WORLD SERIES!! That's huge.

Pitching assignments for Game #4 are:

Rangers>> Tommy Hunter---W-L 13-4 ERA 3.73 K 68 Walks 33 WHIP 1.24
Giants>>Madison Bumgarner--W-L 7-6 ERA 3.00 K 86 Walks 26 WHIP 1.31

These pitchers side by side are much the same, although the stats favor Bumgarner. Controlling the pressure of being in the World Series will be key for them both across the board. Honestly, I've no idea who'll dominate by looking at the stats.

All I can say is...

GO RANGERS!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Rangers every game from now on is a must win!! Giants took care of their business the old fashioned way...one run at a time. Which is more than the Rangers could muster up in Game #4 of the World Series. With the Giants taking a commanding lead in the World Series; 3-1 and the final score in Game #4 was 4-0.

To me it just boiles down to one thing...BATS!! Cold bats versus HOT bats, and the Giants are absolutely weilding the hot bats during this World Series.

For the Rangers, is it the pressure of being in their first World Series? Or, is it that the Rangers have ran out of gas by having expended their drive during the ALCS and the ALDS? To me, that's a toss up as to which it might be or not. Possibly it's the inexperience of being in the World Series? Again, I'm not sure. I've no sound idea as to why.

Maybe it boils down to this in every game...may the best team win. Is that the Rangers? Is that the Giants? Stats might favor the Giants but nothing is absolute until the last inning has been played and the last batter has made the final out.

In retrospective, the Giants have shined in fielding, hitting, and amazingly so, but not so surprising, their pitching. Whereas the Rangers have struggled on all three areas surprising so because I never thought that the Rangers would've been down 2 games and facing must-win situation by Game #5.

Game #5 will bring Lee and Lincecum to face each other again in a rematch, but this time Lee MUST dominate Linecum and the Giants HOT bats, and the Rangers must silence the Giants by out-scoring, out-fielding, and out-pitching the properly named GIANTS in every game from here on out. Otherwise, the Giants will win the 2010 World Series, it's first win World Series Championship in 56 years.

Not that this is of any consolation, but, if the Rangers win Game #5 at Texas, they'll still have to travel to San Francisco to attempt to win Games #6 AND #7 for their first World Series in their franchise.

For that to happen, the Rangers engine is going to have to avoid a misfire on any and all of their cylinders. So Rangers, it's time to tune-up that Ranger engine, rev it up, step on the gas, and leave the Giants in your rear-view mirror.

It's time for the Rangers to look like the roadrunner and for the Giants to look like the coyote, if not, "Th-th-th-that's all folks!"

GO RANGERS!!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess what? If the Rangers don't win the World Series, Ranger catcher Bengie Molina will STILL get a World Series ring. Why? He played with the Giants before being traded to the Rangers on July 1, 2010. Plus, he'll get a ring for the Rangers winning the pennant if they don't win the World Series, and again, either way he'll get TWO RINGS!!

I agree with John Shea of SFGATE.com when he wrote..."Bengie Molina's charmed life..."

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it wasn't in the cards for the Rangers! Giants WIN the WORLD SERIES by winning game #5 by a score of 3-1.

The 3 run homer by Renteria in the top of the 7th inning sealed it for the Giants.

Why the Rangers didn't walk the always a threat Renteria to load the bases for the least of a threat Rowland...but, that's not what Washington did...result a 3 run yard...oh well.

CONGRATS TO THE GIANTS!!

GO YANKEES!!

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty interesting about Molina.

Congrats to the Giants and their fans.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 4 of 30
Jump to: