Add KarateForums.com
VOTING OPEN! KarateForums.com Awards 2019!
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Internal Arts and Philosophy
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I read the frist 4 post on the subject "ki" and I am shocked. People please, respect the art that has a histroy or 3 thousand years.

Ok, on you think that millions of people train in Chi for 3 thousand years are all use less!? So every body is training for "freaky tricks".

The " tricks " people could do with the power of chi is only an sample of it's real powers. Chi is a healing energy of a human and It is live it self.

My grand Mother now could walk with out a walking stick after 2 years of chi training. If you get stabed by a knife, the fouce of chi to the spot could stop the bleeding for a while, enough to save your live. People that don't know chi just seems to put it down if they don't want to give up there time to train in chi.

Chi is an inner energy, just as important as the outter energy ( the mucles ).

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"interesting stuff, even if it isn't useful."
" chi is only seen on t.v ... bruce lee dosen't have chi"
" Chi can't heal people and you can't shoot fire balls but is can give you power..."

Ok I agree and disagree. Frist I don't belive that chi could make your hands 800 dregee C because then, you hands could melt about anything you tough. But I kown that a man could dip his hands in mealted lead ( about 200 C ) and no, his hand didn't burn because the fouce of chi.

Chi can heal people... Ever heard of Acu Ponture?!? Don't tell me that Acu Ponture is fake too.

Burce Lee has chi, but He quote " I can't call my self a chi master but I do have chi in me ".

And "interesting stuff, even if it isn't useful."

Disagree.

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't chi inner energy?

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it is, that is what I said before

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" Ok, on you think that millions of people train in Chi for 3 thousand years are all use less!? "
This line of arguement is false-logic, a fallacy. Just people millions of people did it for thousands of years doesn't make it right or correct. The popular method of medicine in Europe used to be to use leaches for virtually every symptom. This happened for hundreds of years, we know now that they were wrong.
I'm glad that your grandmother can now walk without a walking stick, but I seriously doubt it was the actual "chi" that helped her. Physical therapy could accomplish the exact same thing without the use of a mysical energy and myth. Getting your grandmother to do any physical activity would've helped her to develop stronger legs and balance. Plus the strength of her belief probably played a huge part, the placebo effect.
This man who could put his hand in melted lead and not burn his hand.. did he do this trick in-front of you? If so, it's more possible that he did an illusion/ magic trick than it is that he actually used "Chi" to keep from getting burned.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken, Ken, I really respect you but you have to take the fact that chi is no lie. Yes, I went to sholin When I am 12 years old and yes, he did do it in fornt of me. Also, the book of world record, the man put mealted lead in his mouth for 20 seconds on his touge and not even a mark is on his touge.

Aso, My grandmother's joint could not bend so she did chi when siting down.

Leeches are still used in morden hospitles in America and the rest of the world. Still, there are no harm in chi and the only is good.

I train in chi myself, I just started 2 weeks ago so I need more time.

Come on, we all have time to learn and we all need an open mind.

IF you still don't belive in me, go to china's sholin ( many many many people that cliam that they have chi are fake 60 percent of them.), there you can see real masters.

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qi Gong training is an intergral part of kung fu. Qi (or chi) is responsible for the health functioning of your body, after YEARS (and I mean years) you may to some degree be able to contol the flow.

Any kung-fu system worth its weight in salt will have a large healing component. Focusing on Qi.

MuayTB1
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, agree with you here.

www.muaythaiboxing.friendpages.com
This site is dumb but I made it so it is good.

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

" Ken, Ken, I really respect you but you have to take the fact that chi is no lie. "

You were 12 years old huh? That's a very young age and you can easily be duped into thinking that a person put melted lead into his mouth. It's a parlor-trick and is as supernatural as David Copperfield making a lion disappear.

To say that it is a FACT that Chi exists is a lie. It's is a belief that you have, but it isn't scientifically proven with empirical evidence. To prove Chi exists, it needs to be done in laboratory experiments and reproduced. Since it hasn't been documented as such, I do not believe that it exists.

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2001 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we should throw out all of the traditional chinese medicine has been around for centuries, and all revolves around chi and the meridians.

Heck toss out accupuncture and accupressure, as it hasn't gone through rigourous labratory experiments.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Internal Arts and Philosophy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17
Jump to: