Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Danny boy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen a lot of so called Muay Thai instructors who teach TDK or Karate in their usual class then put on Muay Thai short and say they are now doing Muay Thai...Kickboxing maybe but most of these cats know very little (to nothing about MT).
Just because your wearing the shorts doesn't give you the knowledge(it's like someone just putting on a blackbelt and saying they are a master on Karate and not having a clue),I'd urge anyone truely interested in Muay Thai to check a persons background and who taught them.

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2001 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, we are in the USA where anyone can claim to be whatever in the martial arts world without consequence. In other countries, if you claim to be a 'master' or whatever, you better be ready to prove it because people will come to challenge you on it. The price of a non-violent civilization is this.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: