Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Wado Kai

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:29 am    Post subject: The age old question......... Reply with quote

.......... Batman or Superman?

With the release of Batman v Superman coming up, I thought it appropriate to dredge up the old question: Who would REALLY win in a fight?

Me being a huge Superman geek and growing up watching Christopher Reeve play Superman (I used to drive my mum crazy watching it every day!!!) I have to come down on his side. Why? Well, it's simple really, HE'S SUPERMAN!!! While I think Batman rocks, he is essentially just a man. OK he's highly skilled in Martial Arts (according to Batman.Wikia.com he has mastered 127 different arts) and he has some really cool gadgets, plus the Batmobile, none of this even brings him close to being on par with Superman, "The Man of Steel". With his superhuman speed, strength. laser eyes and super breath, also, not forgetting he can fly!!! All this adds up to Batman looking pretty tame in comparison. So in a fight Superman would win in mere seconds IMO.

So just for geek out fun, who would win and why?

Mo.

jaypo
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reality, he could just stay away from "Kryptonite" range and melt Batman with his heat vision.

However, since Batman is the best Detective on the planet, I'd assume he would be 1 step ahead of Supes.

Either way, I'll be the first one at the theater Thursday sporting my Under Armour Superman shirt!!!
Respect others
Refrain from violent behavior.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The age old question......... Reply with quote

mazzybear wrote:
(according to Batman.Wikia.com he has mastered 127 different arts)

a.k.a. "all of them."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Hawkmoon
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Kyokushin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bats all the way!!!

JR 137
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Seido Juku

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a comic book guy by any means. But this battle seems to be a brains vs brawn matchup. Not that Superman isn't smart by any stretch of the imagination, but I think Batman is craftier. He's got to be, due to his inherent weakness of being a human vs being whatever Superman and the rest of them are.

I won't see it, simply because it's not my thing though. But it's an intriguing matchup.

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: The age old question......... Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
mazzybear wrote:
(according to Batman.Wikia.com he has mastered 127 different arts)

a.k.a. "all of them."

Well yeah!!

Mo.

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Batman is edging it then. I have to say I'm somewhat surprised by this. But I'm staying firmly in team Superman!!

Mo.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GO SUPERMAN!!

I don't care what kind of suit Batman wears, or what other "toys" he can bring to the fight. Superman is INVINCIBLE and Batman ISN'T. He can load his suit with all of the Kryptonite he wants to, but it'll still do him no good. Batman is mortal and Superman isn't!! With Superman's abilities, Batman can try, but his efforts will be quite futile.

OK...Batman weakens Superman by exposing Superman to Kryptonite, for the moment. Superman flies away at super sonic speed. Then with his Supervision, he melts Batman's suite with his heat vision...from a safe distance!! Now, that Batman's without his suit, Superman flies back to Batman and nails Batman with one super punch and ends the Caped Crusader...who's now traveling to unknown parts in outer space to never ever return. Everything that Superman can do to Batman, would certainly be awful beyond ones imagination...to show it...the powers that be would have to make the movie an 'R' rating.

Good luck, Batman, you're going to really need it.

Of course, my wife, Linda, says Wonder Women could be THEM ALL!!

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
GO SUPERMAN!!

I don't care what kind of suit Batman wears, or what other "toys" he can bring to the fight. Superman is INVINCIBLE and Batman ISN'T. He can load his suit with all of the Kryptonite he wants to, but it'll still do him no good. Batman is mortal and Superman isn't!! With Superman's abilities, Batman can try, but his efforts will be quite futile.

OK...Batman weakens Superman by exposing Superman to Kryptonite, for the moment. Superman flies away at super sonic speed. Then with his Supervision, he melts Batman's suite with his heat vision...from a safe distance!! Now, that Batman's without his suit, Superman flies back to Batman and nails Batman with one super punch and ends the Caped Crusader...who's now traveling to unknown parts in outer space to never ever return. Everything that Superman can do to Batman, would certainly be awful beyond ones imagination...to show it...the powers that be would have to make the movie an 'R' rating.

Good luck, Batman, you're going to really need it.

Of course, my wife, Linda, says Wonder Women could be THEM ALL!!

Excellent answer!!

Mo.

mazzybear
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion the fight would go something like this:

https://youtu.be/kUJOa5vWL7s

Mo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: