Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps1 wrote:
These are the types of problems that will occur when attempting to turn a martial way into a business. In the past, honor and respect were all that was necessary to do the right thing. There was too much bloodshed and fighting to give time for such things. But times have changed. And, as is often the case, the goal of a person in power is to gain more power.

I worry that your "victory" will be short lived. Where there is a will, there is a way. My question to you is the same as it has been in the past:
Why do you want to be the president of an organization that neither wants you or respects your opinions?

Why don't you simply keep your school (former hombu) and grow it on your own?

I would suggest your students train because they believe in you, they respect you, and they enjoy you. Being part of some organization that wants nothing to do with them is not a concern to them. Not really anyway.

Good luck.

To answer your question above in bold type....

To honor my students as well as my Soke and Dai-Soke. My Dai-Soke honored me by making me Kaicho. It's the few that didn't want me, and now they're gone!

To answer your other question...The Hombu is not mine to do with as I please. The Hombu belongs to the Shindokan Karate-do Association, I just work there.

ps1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Chuan Fa, Shotokan, JJJ, BJJ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
ps1 wrote:
These are the types of problems that will occur when attempting to turn a martial way into a business. In the past, honor and respect were all that was necessary to do the right thing. There was too much bloodshed and fighting to give time for such things. But times have changed. And, as is often the case, the goal of a person in power is to gain more power.

I worry that your "victory" will be short lived. Where there is a will, there is a way. My question to you is the same as it has been in the past:
Why do you want to be the president of an organization that neither wants you or respects your opinions?

Why don't you simply keep your school (former hombu) and grow it on your own?

I would suggest your students train because they believe in you, they respect you, and they enjoy you. Being part of some organization that wants nothing to do with them is not a concern to them. Not really anyway.

Good luck.

To answer your question above in bold type....

To honor my students as well as my Soke and Dai-Soke. My Dai-Soke honored me by making me Kaicho. It's the few that didn't want me, and now they're gone!

To answer your other question...The Hombu is not mine to do with as I please. The Hombu belongs to the Shindokan Karate-do Association, I just work there.

I guess I'm confused about how things happened after the legal suggestions.

Did you fire the people who wanted you out or did they resign ect...Either way, are they actually out of the organization?

Is the Dai-Soke's son not still in charge? I thought you said it was his idea to move everything overseas. I can't imagine the grandson of the founder leaving the organization.

Did they not move the Hombu to Okinawa (thus making the American an affiliate or embassy of sorts).

Lastly, it seems to me that it is your duty to voice your opinions of what your Soke & Dai Soke wanted. However, since they are not here to voice them, your opinions hold the same weight as the other who worked closely with them. It's a matter of perspective. Each side will see their beliefs as valid. I suppose that's what all the by laws are meant to address however.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair questions...

Quote:
Did you fire the people who wanted you out or did they resign ect...Either way, are they actually out of the organization?

Those who had orchestrated the initial perpetration have been asked to resign of their own accord, at the suggestion of the Legal Team, and they have stepped down. Not all have left the Hombu, the main 'suspects' have, but the rest have been allowed to remain, however, they're no longer a part of the Board of Regents.

Quote:
Is the Dai-Soke's son not still in charge? I thought you said it was his idea to move everything overseas. I can't imagine the grandson of the founder leaving the organization.

Iwao Takahashi is NOT in charge in any shape, way, and/or form. It was his idea to move everything overseas at the request of the Dai-Soke, Iwao's father, but we gave it a more closer and suspicious look into it, and the only thing we had was Iwoa's word on what Dai-Soke had actually requested of his son, if anything at all. Iwao is NOT the grandson of the founder/Soke; Iwao is Dai-Soke's son.

Quote:
Did they not move the Hombu to Okinawa (thus making the American an affiliate or embassy of sorts).

Haven't heard from Iwao since then, and we can't seem to find him anywhere in, and/or near, Nanjo, Okinawa. We suspect he's here somewhere in the USA or is great at hiding, and that he never actually left at USA at all. Why would he do whatever it is that he's doing? We've no idea. Our By-Laws have stripped Iwao of any authority at the Hombu and the like.

On another note...

Quote:

It's not the organization that neither wanted me or respected my opinions, it was only a few from the old Counsel of Regents that felt the way they did. I was chosen by Dai-Soke himself to become Kaicho, and it was made official after all of the 'i' were dotted and all of the 't' were crossed.

ps1
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That clears up alot of things. Especially the info about Iwao Takahashi. I was under the false understanding that he was in charge. Turns out he just thought he could take over. He was just a jerk.

This is why I hate politics in martial arts. They were never meant to go together. Glad everything worked out for you.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iwao Takahashi WAS San Dai-Soke, and as San Dai-Soke, he was by all purposes, in charge, but when he vanished and the like, his authority as San Dai-Soke was stripped from him, and it's noted in both the By-Laws AND in every Shindokan scroll. Should he ever be allowed to rejoin us, his title would be more of a figure-head and nothing more. But I don't see him being allowed to rejoin the Shindokan Hombu ever.

ps1
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Iwao Takahashi WAS San Dai-Soke, and as San Dai-Soke, he was by all purposes, in charge, but when he vanished and the like, his authority as San Dai-Soke was stripped from him, and it's noted in both the By-Laws AND in every Shindokan scroll. Should he ever be allowed to rejoin us, his title would be more of a figure-head and nothing more. But I don't see him being allowed to rejoin the Shindokan Hombu ever.

Strange that he would just vanish. Did he vanish before or after they tried to get rid of you?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ps1 wrote:
sensei8 wrote:

Strange that he would just vanish. Did he vanish before or after they tried to get rid of you?

Yes, it was strange and it is still strange. Whatever, if anything at all, was asked of him by his father on his death bed, he obeyed it quickly and decisively.

Yes, Iwao vanished way before they tried to oust me.

Nidan Melbourne
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Goju-Ryu, BJJ, Balintawak Arnis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its good to hear that it got resolved so quickly.

I hate it when the people you expect to lead you and the student body do that to the president and the student body.

I am happy you took affirmative action against the board.

I would have done the exact same thing!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This experience has made me much more suspicious about a many things than I was in the past. In this area, my learning curve spiked a billion for the betterment of our Hombu and it's entire student body.

Won't ever happen again...not on my watch!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: