Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: The Clashing of Metal Swords Reply with quote

Metal strategy:

Metal strategy has been around for thousands of years with the making of weapons and armor.

In the dojo is one thing, on the street is another, in the everyday world, metal strategy needs a different approach.

Confidence can transmit a type of power regarding self protection, but learning false information can not help with realistic situations

Metal strategies deal with real life skills or real world techniques of self defense, and not electroplated or false economy look alikes.

Your skills should have a power to them (forged like metal in practice) that can cause real damage if need be, with nothing imaginary about your abilities.

Metal is hard so must you be if the need arises.

If you are up against a dangerous opponent then you should consider turning your fists into hammers and arms into iron bars.

Your feet are a part of your getaway plan, by all means use them if they are going to save you from harm in any way possible.

Martial arts like everything else has fallen into or under the control of commercialization; this doesn't mean that you should be entangled in it also.

As martial arts has alot of fun aspects, sugar coated in a shining foil wrapper, looking like something of value, whereas, real metal strategies are on the other side of the coin, are when nothing but the brutal truth is acceptable.

It is easy to pass on not learning or developing metal strategies, and say "I will cross that bridge when I come to it"

Samurai used real samurai swords with powerful tried and tested techniques and spiritual beliefs that made them formidable warriors.

Having some samurai spirit, is always good to have with you, even if you don't ever need to use it.

Have you developed your Samurai warrior spirit?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: