Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ChangWuJi
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across an old written text describing the basic theory behind ching/qing gong. "The secret of ching gong gong fu" written by Pai Yen Sheng. The theory is very sound and does not contradict to the modern science. It refers to the mastery of inner being ability beyond the normal limitations. In some way, I am looking very silly in trying to explain the idea that text attempt. But keep an open mind before you read on.
Ching/qing gong basically consists of two main skills according to this old text. One is being the ability to jump vertically as many fold of the body length. The second is the ability to flit through the wheat field or tree or water as if flying.
The second ability of flit through wheat field is being the highest level in mastery this skill. There are theory and constraint in this ability as I later describe. The text stated that the body weight is not reduced when performing ching/qing gong. It is not magic in any length of imaginary. It is just a trick of mastering a different way of walking or running that allowing the lightness illusively displayed. Simplily put it, the ability of this is just the ability of transition body weight between two feet such that the body weight never get a chance or time long enough to accumulate and rest its fullness on to any of the legs in any giving of time. In the normal way of walking, the weight is transition from one to the other with its fullness at each time. For the body weight of this kind of walking is to complete its transition in normal way to its fullness, it require a giving time. If we measure the amount of weight accumulated in one leg during this normal walking transition, we probably observe the manigtude of weight being increase from 0 to body weight as max. For this increase to take place there is a time factor.
Just to illustrate, here is the time interval with its related weight transition accumulation progress:
Time inverval/weight in fraction of second :

Time : 0 1 2 3 ... N
weight : w1 w1+w2 w1+w2+w3 w1+w2+w3+w4 ... w1+w2+...+wN
The ability of ching/qing gong of second category is the ability/skill that enable one individual to immediate transit the partially accumulative weight from one leg to the other before the full body weight has a chance to accumulate/rest totally on one leg. The normal walking/running time cycle could be 0,1,2,3 ... N. In a ching/qing gong way of walking, the duration of weight transition interruption could happen in a cycle of 0,1,2 ... 0,1,2 ...0,1,2 .. This means that the two legs/feet is constantly manupulate the weight transition with a very high speed that causing forward mometum to carry the weight in the air. At any giving of time only a small fraction of the weight is used for body displacement or leg displacement. You are probably imagine how fast the two legs operating. Not to mention how the body,hands,head work together in special manner that the forward momentum not lose.
The text mentioned of one constraint is that one body weight can not over a certain weight. It seems to imply that there is a certain barrier on speed of two legs can operate. The other constraint is the age to start this training. It said a required very young age with persistence. Apparently, the result is special kind of body,legs,tandons. Gong Bao Tian was said to be quite small comparing to the average person at the time. He was probably heavy than his son. That may be why his son were able to do the flitting on the trees but he was not. From the look at the theory, it does not seem contradict with science but further than that it use the so called science now to achieve the goal.
Martial art is always about explore, discovery, develop the natural ability of human to its fullness of capacity. I am not surprise if Ching/qing gong is just one of the achievment of lost past.

Jiggy9
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

V.Intresting

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

::edit::

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

Last edited by Bon on Sat Sep 28, 2002 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aikidoka
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tomiki Aikido

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Maybe Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon isn't so far fetched then - I will show this to my cynical friends who couldn't enjoy the film because the characters could 'fly'. Thanks for the information.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Kung Fu, JKD, Wing Chun, Tai Chi, and Chinese Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: