Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:33 am    Post subject: The Lending Solution!! Reply with quote

From time to time I'll ask my students this one question, if they knew what the main purpose of the handkerchief is. Inadvertently they'd give me a plethora of answers that one might expect, except one vitally important answer.

Time and time again, they'd honestly have no minimum of an idea. That to me is criminal against chivalry, especially for you men.

The purpose of the handkerchief is to lend it!! The handkerchief was not just for the man. No!! When someone was in need, you lend it. For example, if your wife/girlfriend/mom/aunt/niece/grandmother are crying, beside the lending of ones shoulder, you also lent her your handkerchief because it's not just for you.

Same thing whenever it comes to MA knowledge and experience, you lend it to others who might need it. MA knowledge and experience isn't just for you/us/me because its free for anyone.

Knowledge and experience; it's not just for the CI or the Sempai to lend, but for anyone to share. You...me...whomever might be able to help someone to better understand that which isn't so forthcoming.

When it comes to lending knowledge and experience, rank doesn't mean that only black belts can bestow that which is necessary for one to grow. Knowledge and experience is the most profound kind of love, giving someone the gift of knowledge and experience.

Yet, as a MA school owner and CI, the tone of lending starts with them first. So, don't hesitate to lend that knowledge and experience handkerchief wholeheartedly to anyone who might be in need of it.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great analogy, Bob. Love it! I agree that it is important for us to share what we can with those who are willing to learn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: