Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Jade_Lotus
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I've made any posts, i've been busy with my wedding and work, and just a bunch of things. But, I must say, that I completely agree with Martial_Artist. EGL, obviously lacks any real discipline or self-respect. When I read through the post I laughed, very hard, I find EGL, comical, and quiet kiddish, never to be taken seriously or even given the time of day. Good show MA!

BlueDragon1981
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Goshin Jutsu Karate, Shotokan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe that any style can be adapted for self defense even if it is a sporty style. The best weapon in a fight is your mind. Traditional has the edge in a fight, breaking sporty kicks is the hardest thing for a sport artist to do. All the arts have the ability somewhere in them to be able to fight....like I said the mind is the key factor.

Sport is better for exercize and traditional for self defence. Neither one is worse than the other. They arent equal but have the ability to be equal with the right mind set.

ICE
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh damn those are some long posts i think iv forgoten the first hal but there are a few things in there that i wasnt happy with an i think i need to get them off my chest

1. i fully agree with Martial artist i think that the people that are arguing with him need to have a bit more of a think before they post again.

2.[quote]go up to a world champion sport martial artist and tell them that they're not a martial artist and aren't doing a martial art. I'll agree with whoever's still standing at the end.

ill tell you whol be standing at the end and it wont be the world champion sport martial artist thats for sure.
sport style "martial artists" are not good fighters they are good sportsmen i dont care what anyone says the people who train for competition are not that great at real fights there beter that the average person but thats not saying much.

Quote:
Would you say that to Master Billy Blanks!?!?!?
i would hes not a true martial artist hes and aerobics instructor

If someone took Tae-Bo or aerobic kickboxing with the intent of using it to inflict bodily damage, then actually used it to effectively beat people to death, What then? Wouldn't that fit your definition?

im sorry but that just wont happen iv seen what they do in those tae bo classes and that is not combat
oh i just realised most of what ive said has already been said owell youl just know i think the same i can be bothered reading the rest so ill leave it at that

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really heated post.

Whats been going on?

There is far to much to read.

Jade_Lotus
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, kensai, i have an idea..why don't you read the posts?! I think that maybe this will help you figure out what's going on. I'm pretty sure, but not 100%. Hope that helps.

Animis Opibusque Parati

Kensai
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jade I can see that you should perhaps take reading lessons, I wrote that " there is to much to read", so I would like to spell it out and say "there is to much to read, could someone give me a quick low down".

mumble mumble, Jade bloody smart @ss! mumble mumble

ramcalgary
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2002 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyone who would say that billy blanks is not a martial artist had better read his bio first

the man is a legend in the point sparring world
just because he came up with a way to get people into shape does not eliminate his past
if bruce lee had come up with tae bo just before his death would hat make him less of a martial artist
in my opinion you study the arts for two reasons

1 to learn to defend yourself in any situation
2 to gain self confidence and internal balance
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ICE
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha my post looked all stuffed up i put my own message in part of the quote maybee i should not try the fancier stuff

umm he's a legend in point sparing well that doesnt exactly make him a good fighter.

Jade_Lotus
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what you don't realize Kensai, is that there is NO quick low down, of what has been talked about here. It's far too in depth. I wasn't trying to come across as a jerk, Ya I was being smart, but I was trying to do it in a friendly way. Guess, you're just too serious to realize that. I was just being goofy that's all. You need to relax.

Animis Opibusque Parati

omnifinite
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Styles: Hapkido | Kempo | Jujitsu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2002 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's like trying to define what's art and what isn't (and what's good art and what isn't). People with more experience and knowledge than you can give you better insight to help you make your decision... but in the end we're all just stuck with opinions and not much else.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: