Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Hwa-rang
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know that the grand master of tkd is General Choi and that he trainned the 10 tigers ( i think thats the right name) but how do all of the Rhees fit in and how are they all related??.

i know of the 2 main world masters
Master Chong chul Rhee
and Master Jhoon Rhee but how do the others fit in and how many of them are there. so far i know of
chong hyup Rhee
chon yoon Rhee
simon Rhee
Phillip Rhee but im certain thats thers more.
can any1 help

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can say is that ...Rhee is the most common family name in Korea, yes there is many more and chances are there isn't any correlation to them all!

koreantiger81
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the other Master Rhees.

Well, for Grand Master Jhoon Rhee, he is not part of the official International Tae Kwon do federation. He developed his own system of TKD. (World Congress of Martial Arts-Jhoon Rhee's system/"Korean Karate".) (Someone correct me if i'm wrong! All heard this all from one I.T.F Master.)

Although its roots are from the I.T.F system, Jhoon Rhee branched off early before General Choi made changes to the I.T.F system. Therefore, Jhoon Rhee didn't incorporate these changes and further modified the I.T.F system by creating forms of his own. Some of the forms are similiar; however, JHoon rhee's system of TKD lacks the 'sine wave' application and he created more forms of his own. Furthermore, there's more emphasis on Sport Karate and tournament sparring in Jhoon Ree's system of TkD, compared to more traditional techniques in the I.T.F system.(correct me if i'm wrong, KIck chick!)

As a result, Grand Master Jhoon Rhee is not officially part of the I.T.F system of TKD.

[ This Message was edited by: koreantiger81 on 2002-04-01 19:09 ]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: