Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.
Author Message

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 15842
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: The Unfavorable Duty! Reply with quote

For those who've seen, Enter The Dragon, I bring to you to the epic battle within the caverns on Han's Island between Lee and the untold number of guards.

As the battle raged on, Lee found himself trapped behind doors. Lee's fight with the guards was exceptional, so much so that Han himself had to admit that Lee's fighting skills were "Extra-ordinary".

Please pay close attention to the next paragraphs very first sentence!!

Next scene we see Lee's hands are bound behind him. There, across from him stands Mr. Roper with Bolo standing close to Lee, gripping a knife. Han delivers his speech, then orders Bolo to cut Lee's bindings from him. However, Roper doesn't want to fight Lee, as Han had hoped in his test of Roper. Bolo steps forward to ready to fight. Lee steps forward as well, but Roper places his right hand against Lee's chest, as if to say, "I got this!" So, Han assigns Roper to fight against Lee.

Roper dispatches Bolo handedly. Then, Roper and Lee kick some serious butt!!

Here's my question, and thank you for enduring my long introduction.

Whom were the unlucky guard(s) that had the unfavorable duty of entering Lee's make-shift cell, that he had been trapped in much earlier before, with the task of binding his hands behind him??

Who tied Lee's hands behind him??

Let's recap. Lee's taken care of dozens of Han's guards, especially that night in the caverns, including a very young Jackie Chan. Killed O'Hara one afternoon on the courtyards during Han's Tournament of Martial Arts in front of a small throng of spectators and competitors.

I'm one of the guards. I'm being told to join my fellow guards to tie Lee's hands up. Forget tying Lee's hands up behind him, I've got to go into his make-shift cell. Big deal, right? I'll have my fellow guards to help me.

Wait!!

Lee still HAS a pair of Nunchaku's. In the hands of Han's guards, no big deal. However, in the hands of Lee, well, nunchaku's are deadly!! And Lee has those nunchaku's wrapped around his neck.

Did Lee surrender? If so, why? To get close to Han? Lee didn't appear that he wanted to surrender earlier. If Lee did want to surrender, he has a funny way of doing so by beating up dozens of Hans guards. Was Lee rendered unconscious somehow from the perch above where Han had been standing just moments before?

As one of Han's guards, I believe that I would've refused to obey Hans orders to enter into where Lee was being held just so I can bind Lee's hands behind him. No...I don't think so! Not in this lifetime!! Not today!! Not tomorrow. I'll face Han, with his arsenal of strange "hands", instead of Lee!!

Thanks, but no thanks!!

Your thoughts, please!! I mean, Who tied up Lee's hands? And would you have tried? I mean, we're MAists too!! Surely we have the abilities to carry out Han's order...BIND MR. LEE'S HANDS!!



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-robert-mitcham-fight-cancer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

jaypo
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

Joined: 26 Apr 2012
Posts: 520

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting scenario! I'm as big a fan of Bruce as anyone, but realistically, if he's confined to a space that small and 20 men bumrushed him, there's really nothing he could have done. He weighed 135lbs. So if about 3,400 pounds of human being suddenly subdued him, I doubt he could have overcome all of them. He may have been able to dispatch some, but he was confined to a small space.

I think the answer is that a bunch of random "hands" had to subdue him and bind those deadly hands!
_________________
Seek Perfection of Character
Be Faithful
Endeavor
Respect others
Refrain from violent behavior.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 15842
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jaypo wrote:
Very interesting scenario! I'm as big a fan of Bruce as anyone, but realistically, if he's confined to a space that small and 20 men bumrushed him, there's really nothing he could have done. He weighed 135lbs. So if about 3,400 pounds of human being suddenly subdued him, I doubt he could have overcome all of them. He may have been able to dispatch some, but he was confined to a small space.

I think the answer is that a bunch of random "hands" had to subdue him and bind those deadly hands!

I love your answer, solid!! Again, though, he had a pair of nunchaku's across his neck. But, I can still see that not meaning much eventually against a mob. Again, solid answer, one I hadn't thought about!!



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-robert-mitcham-fight-cancer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 29434
Location: Hays, KS
Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's what I would go with. He knew he had a job to do, as well. Get close to Han, which was the assignment early on. Han had too much ego to be willing to just have him killed, so finally got enough guys together to make him realize he had to stop fighting for the moment.

And, its a movie, and that was the way the script was written.
_________________
www.haysgym.com
http://www.sunyis.com/
www.aikidoofnorthwestkansas.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 15842
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
Yeah, that's what I would go with. He knew he had a job to do, as well. Get close to Han, which was the assignment early on. Han had too much ego to be willing to just have him killed, so finally got enough guys together to make him realize he had to stop fighting for the moment.

And, its a movie, and that was the way the script was written.

Spoiler...you!!


_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-robert-mitcham-fight-cancer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 31 Mar 2006
Posts: 29434
Location: Hays, KS
Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:
Yeah, that's what I would go with. He knew he had a job to do, as well. Get close to Han, which was the assignment early on. Han had too much ego to be willing to just have him killed, so finally got enough guys together to make him realize he had to stop fighting for the moment.

And, its a movie, and that was the way the script was written.

Spoiler...you!!

I couldn't help myself...
_________________
www.haysgym.com
http://www.sunyis.com/
www.aikidoofnorthwestkansas.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Joined: 23 Feb 2008
Posts: 15842
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushido_man96 wrote:
sensei8 wrote:
bushido_man96 wrote:
Yeah, that's what I would go with. He knew he had a job to do, as well. Get close to Han, which was the assignment early on. Han had too much ego to be willing to just have him killed, so finally got enough guys together to make him realize he had to stop fighting for the moment.

And, its a movie, and that was the way the script was written.

Spoiler...you!!

I couldn't help myself...

Yeah...I noticed that!!



_________________
**Proof is on the floor!!!

https://www.gofundme.com/f/help-robert-mitcham-fight-cancer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Martial Arts Gaming, Movies, TV, and Entertainment All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


< Advertising - Contact - Disclosure Policy - Staff - User Guidelines >