Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes you just have to walk the path in front of you. Taking the path of least resistance can be good for many things, but at times, it could be considered taking the easy way out, too.

It depends on what exactly you are talking about. If you are considering technical efficiency, then it is always good to take the path of least resistance in order for the technique to be efficient.

Ali won a fight with the rope-a-dope, which I wouldn't consider the path of least resistance, but it was apparently what the fight called for at that time.

So, it just depends.

TJ-Jitsu
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Gracie Jiu Jitsu, Muay Thai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singularity6 wrote:
TJ-Jitsu wrote:
I'm not going to comment on the aikido and systema videos as I've nothing good to say about them and everything bad....

So BJJ...

Bernando Faria is a talented individual, but hes also a heavyweight. I also happen to think his statement isn't correct. Its not wrong per se, but not right either.

How do you know you're using too much strength when you're doing jiu jitsu? The more you're holding your opponent and the less they're able to move the more you're using strength... assuming your partner knows how to move.

But... BJJ is just people trying to wrestle in a karate gi!

Well it can be and for many practitioners it is- but wrestling is more strength based than bjj... Although not always on the individual level

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BJJ could be considered as a physical chess game, while wearing a GI; each move brings the person closer to victory.

These friendly discussion here are a type of, free for all intellectual chess game; which can broaden each others perspectives, no matter win, loose or draw; participation and challenging each other with these encounters benefits and promotes a healthy understanding of the broad spectrum, that we understand as martial arts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: