Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

RIVER DRAGON
White Belt
White Belt

Styles: blue dragon jujitsu,american karate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i left this out ....in my opinion when it comes to what you use it brings the word martial art to a literal term, because that is what it is. its an art forn that you are painting and it is up to you to find out what works for you.

walk in peace and honor

Stold
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have studied Wing Chun and instructed Tae Kwon Do. I can tell you right now that some of their theories and principles will conflict. I still use some of my TKD techs, but really only the side kick. Even the roundhouse pales in comparison to a muay thau style shin kick. Now someone will pop up and argue that the TKD Roundhouse takes .19 seconds to reach target once it leaves the ground and measures at an impact of 1012n, which is the world's strongest kicking tech. Good, now lets see you consistently hit an actively resisting fighter with it. When TKD sparring rules aren't in play, that is.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Choosing a Martial Art, Comparing Styles, and Cross-Training All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: