Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Deathcometh
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you just hate it when people talk about beating you up and all you can do is laugh because odds are you could throw him across the room.

Well you see I always have people doing that to me mainly because I took an oath when I began TKD to never use it inless you don't a choice (life and death). So all I learned can't be used inless one of them has a gun or something.

But the problem is that I would just like to show them that maybe they should think twice about trying to pick a fight. But anyways I would like to hear from any of you out there that my have to or already have dealt with something like this.

karatekid1975
KF VIP

Styles: Tang Soo Do/TKD/jujitsu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya, Death.

My dad always told me to never start a fight, but finish it. If someone is going to take a swing at me, I'm not going to just stand there. I'm going to block and counter. I'll leave it at that. If they come at me again, I'll do it again. But I would never start a fight on purpose. Or if it's just a guy with a big mouth, I'll tell them "I won't fight you." Unless of course, they take the first swing. Usually if you say it loud enough with people around, someone will break up the fight before it starts, anyway.

If need be, I would only meet them with equal force. If all they are going to do is "swing" at me, then I'll block and swing back. If they try to choke me, I'll escape and use something that would equal that force, ect. If they have a weapon, I'll go for the kill.

Deathcometh
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make a really good point. See I would more likely just avoid the punchs mainly because it makes them look pretty bad.

But what really gets me is just because someone hasn't seen me fight they think they just beat me up and be done with me. Well I kind of feal sorry for them. Because I know if I had never seen them fight I would think twice you never know who your fighting. But thats ok if they want to fight me they will find out the hard way and most people wouldn't even learn from that. *sigh* they will just never learn. :cool:

[ This Message was edited by: Deathcometh on 2002-03-28 20:51 ]

karatekid1975
KF VIP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smart thinking

If it's just someone with a "muscle mouth", egnore'em. Because if you don't fight them, they'll get tired of flapping they're lips.

karatekid1975
KF VIP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing. Don't get hit

Deathcometh
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if they did hit me........*laughs*......it wouldn't do anything to me. Because in TKD you will get hit even some blocks can hurt but we all have to find a way to put that pain out of our minds. Then and only then will we ack where other people would freeze about the chance that they may get hit. So YAY for us.

karatekid1975
KF VIP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. In our TKD school, we fight full contact, so we are pretty much used to being "pounded" on. If someone outside the school hit us, we'd just look at them and laugh and say, "that's it???"

Bon
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: BJJ, Kickboxing

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

these people are your friends! I still remember the quote KickChick told me... Stronger is the man who wins over himself than others..

I like it that peopole think I can't fight and/or know nothing about MA, then I suggest sparring to them, kind of ironic they refuse to spar don't you think ?

I haven't hit anyone for ages, and no one has hit me either by the same token. I don't tell people about my training, ignorance is a bliss!

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

karatekid1975
KF VIP

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Bon.

That was a little joke I said above. No, I don't tell people either. But in class, with fellow students, we go full force (with gear on, that is So, if someone were going to hit me, I'd be ready.

Deathcometh
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting on this subject guys.

But really how many people here who are in TKD really feal a punch or a block any more.

By the way I also wanted to say that I just feal sorry to anyone who messes with me and I just pitty the person who trys to fight or hurt any of my family or friends.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: