Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

spinninggumby
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether you are standing up or on the ground, I was always taught that the head is a person's weak spot no matter what. Once you are on the ground, ultimately a good idea is to get control of the guy's head. Once his head is in a lock or in a compromisable position, the rest of his body isn't going anywhere or will be virtually helpless (especially if it hurts to move or resist). Try to keep his/her head in control and try to keep a position in which you face his/her back/behind/rear. There is obvious reasoning behind this and this probably belongs in the general grappling tips section but oh well

William Parcher, 'A BEAUTIFUL MIND'
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Cory Reynolds
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-02-23 10:38, spinninggumby wrote:
Whether you are standing up or on the ground, I was always taught that the head is a person's weak spot no matter what.

This is very true. Your head is the most important part of your body to protect.

360, I'm still not quite agreeing with you yet. If you're rolling around on the ground for a few minutes one of you is deffiantely doing something wrong. Maybe both. It should be ended as soon as possible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: