Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Benoitt
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:49 pm    Post subject: To all beginner... Reply with quote

Hi!

I am starting my blog very soon and I would like to have some feedback from beginner. My blog is about the psychology behind martial arts. I will cover all type of subjects like good ways to practice, acheiving your goal, simulating fights, freezing, adrenaline dump and all sort of stuff. What I would like to know is what is your biggest question about getting to the next level to get that black belt in the future?

Thank you
Benoit

Soheir
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Kyokushin karate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

s'not really my main goal to get a black belt. So there's no questions, just training.

But the subject you're going to write about is exellent, good luck!
“One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular.” -Anthony Robbins

Benoitt
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a lot of people, black belt is the goal. But it really shound't be your only one for sure. If you have any question about getting to the next level, no matter what is your goal, I'll be happy to read it too!

Lupin1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say that I eventually want to get a black belt only because, even though I know it's silly, if I never get it I'll have always have a sense of something being unfinished. And yes, I know that black belt is not even close to a finish or an end, but I would still feel like I quit before my time if I never got it. Sort of like how in college I felt like I needed to keep taking German until I finished advanced German. Even though I'm by no means fluent, I still feel a sense of accomplishment and I know I would regret if I dropped out before finishing the highest level my college offered. You know?

I think it comes a lot from the fact that I was a 6th kyu for 12 years because I stopped training (even though I still practiced on my own some times) and I just had this feeling of stagnation, like I stopped in the middle of something and had to get back to it. Now I'm not going to get a black belt for a very long time since right now I'm not in one place long enough, but I plan on keep working at it during the summer and Christmas and depending on where life leads me, hopefully full time again someday. We'll see...

Taiikuka
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Kendo Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Jeet Kune Do, BJJ, Muay Thai Kickboxing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Black Belt being an ultimate goal for someone isn't the worst thing in the world. I have noticed that people who talk about wanting to get their black belt are some what looked down on, on all the sites I have been reading.

For some this is the ultimate goal because they have earned something not just anyone can accomplish They worked hard for a number of years and now the reward is a black belt.

With that said I have studied many arts and for one reason or another have not gotten to gain such a rank in any of the arts I have tried. Kendo (Parents ran into money trouble, Jeet Kune Do The school closed, Tae Kwon Do Wife and I were starting our family.

As far as our new endevor into Shotokan I doi hope to one day gain a black belt and help teach at a school. The main reason for this is I would like to see my son learn the art as well and would want to be one of the influences in his teaching.
-- Bruce Lee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: