Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

ninjanurse
KF VIP

Styles: TKD;Shotokan;JuJitsu;Tai Ji

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my old school, all brown and red belts were required to keep a daily journal in order to test. You would include notes about your daily training and how you were feeling about martial arts and the journey you were on, etc. At the tests the Black Belts would review the journals and make positive notes of encouragement in them and give them tips on how to improve training etc. Recently my daughter found one of her old journals and we spent time reminiscing about her BB test. She was amazed at how she was feeling and the things she thought about at the time. She had forgotten some of the special times she had and the people she shared it with. Thank you Kwan Jang Nim Ernie!!!!

http://the100info.tumblr.com/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

theswarm
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: Go-Kan-Ryu Karate, filhos di bahia Capoeira, Okinawan GoJu Ryu

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have a karate diary
it's not compulsory i just started it today and wrote about 4-5 pages worth of stuff. Combos, stances, basic techniques, kumite, movement, footwork, kata, bunkai of kata, drills for all of the mentioned, things done outside of karate to help me improve etc etc etc.

crash
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: karate,

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I supply everyone with a manual of all required forms, one steps, stances, etc... though its not required that they continue to keep notes I do encourage it because as SaiFightsMs stated a training manual can be very beneficial to seeing progress and can be enlightening as to suddenly understand how things fit together.

granmasterchen
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am working on a "book" which actually consists of several books that make up a library...these books are about everything that i know about MA, over the years, and all the styles that i have studied, so therefore this is taking me a very long time...it will take me several more years to complete where i am now at my current knowledge, so some day many many years from now there will be this great collection of martial arts knowledge and i many will look at it as greatness, unfortunately by the time it becomes that famous i will be long dead and forgotten.......

battousai16
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Hwa Rang Do, Omulu Capoeira

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well hey, if you ever do finish it, i'd be very interested in reading it. i have one, but i'm not very good at keeping up to date with it. i'll scribble some things into it every month or so, and then look back at it and realize i can barely read my own hand writing i should probably be a little bit better about that...

granmasterchen
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2003 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is hard to keep up with , i think that it would be alot easier to have a video camera on me and then just let me run through things, it is alot faster that way, i can talk and perform at the same time, instead of drawing and writing and trying not to get interupted,,,,,,someday, someday i will finish

battousai16
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Hwa Rang Do, Omulu Capoeira

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

perhaps it would be easier to finish, but i believe the person absorbing information from it would get more out of it if it were in book form. just my thought. i dunno, maybe i'm just biased cuz i work in a library
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: