Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm buying Zebra mats to do the entire floor. That way things will be a little safer and the flooring will be perfect and not too hard. I already have the rubber knives and they were only $2.00 each so no real money spent there. As for the hanging bags i won't buy any until I have the location. Depending on the layout of the dojo will determine if I have hanging bags or not.

tessone
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'd recommend buying regular mats and doing the floor in a thin carpet. That way your students will build callouses on their feet, situps won't be weird like on the mats, etc.

[ This Message was edited by: tessone on 2002-05-23 21:09 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Iron Arahat
Red Belt
Red Belt

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd get the location before equipment.

That way you can start expanding equipment with student needs.

When I started I had me....now in 2.5 years we have a boxing ring 10 heavy bads, speed bag, double end bag, 5 sets of thaipads and belly pads, 5, kicking shields, 5 sets of focus mits, iron palm and body training equipment, as well as a matted area.

I started with nothing, and never took a loan. Start with the basics, remeber your students will have to grow into your club.

http://www.liveyyc.com

Calgary Photographer: http://www.jdirom.com

Withers M.A.A.
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to just have space when I open. I want to have enough equipt. to get things going. I think if potential customers come into my school and see I don't have any equipt. then they will be turned off. I have most of my equipt. already and will be buying a few more odds and ends but I'm just trying to see what everyone here thinks I should buy.

Pete

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Equipment and Gear All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: