Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Eye of the Tiger
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could condition your self to take a hit or two.

A great way to do this is to take what ever you feel is fragile to take a hit like your head or nose. Then get a pad (even a glove will do), now hit your self for example on the head, do low to moderate so your not waching it but still hiting it with some force. Do this for five to ten minutes or when ever your head gets numb then you woiuld have increased the strengh of that area. I do this with my head and its a lot tougher just after 2 days.

boxer
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always look eye, as my sensai says. Also, you can strengthen your head by getting a brick and hitting yourself, but keep in mind to slowly progress from "soft" hits to harder hits. Then to condition your shins, you can throw yourself in front of a moving car, making sure to let it hit your legs first.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: