Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Prototype
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:
Prototype wrote:
Guys, I will take a free trial in boxng for beginners tommorow.

Anything to think about in advance for a free trial as it relates to logistics?

I have small Kickboxing gloves, should I bring them with me? Do I need gymnastics shoes?
Bring a mouth guard and some mouth wash antiseptic.

Good luck and don't get sucker punched on your first day.

Why do you think I will be sparring anytime soon? Beginners dont spar for months

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if just punching on a bag, it's still a good idea to wear a mouthpiece, as it will help to keep teeth from clashing.

Wearing a mouthpiece is just good practice, even during light sparring, as the jaw is a valid target, better to play it safe.

There is a psychological aspect to wearing a mouthpiece, as in being ready to take a hit and ready to give if need be.

Wearing a mouthpiece during practice, will help to get past the gag reflex, that can happen, also learning to be comfortable wearing one might take some time to get use to.

In regards to mouthwash, with boxing, breathing in through the mouth and out through the nose, cleaning out nasal airways is advisable, before practice; also after practice for hygiene reasons.

As for not getting sucker punched on your first day, just a little boxing humour, hopefully you can take a joke on the chin now and then.

Prototype
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alan Armstrong wrote:
Even if just punching on a bag, it's still a good idea to wear a mouthpiece, as it will help to keep teeth from clashing.

Wearing a mouthpiece is just good practice, even during light sparring, as the jaw is a valid target, better to play it safe.

There is a psychological aspect to wearing a mouthpiece, as in being ready to take a hit and ready to give if need be.

Wearing a mouthpiece during practice, will help to get past the gag reflex, that can happen, also learning to be comfortable wearing one might take some time to get use to.

In regards to mouthwash, with boxing, breathing in through the mouth and out through the nose, cleaning out nasal airways is advisable, before practice; also after practice for hygiene reasons.

As for not getting sucker punched on your first day, just a little boxing humour, hopefully you can take a joke on the chin now and then.

I have never worn headgeard or mouthpiece so this will be something I need to get used to. Many people in my TKD/Kickboxing dojang reject mouthpiece due to the breathing adjustments

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main thing with a mouthpiece is just getting used to it, especially if its a requirement. If you don't train with it, and then have to throw one in when you compete, it'll be an adjustment you won't want to have to deal with while also dealing with getting punched in the face.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: