Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

valkyrie_norse
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what happened to a kick boxer named Ted "The LA Hit Man" Anderson?

He had the heavy weight world title for KICK and I think he also fought for the WKC. He also fought Jim Walker and Toni Morrelli and was supposed to fight Jim Lewis...

I tried doing a search on the internet, and I cant find a thing about him. I also think he did some acting.

Please reply if you have any suggestions or if you even know who im talking about.

Thank you
:kiss:

[ This Message was edited by: valkyrie_norse on 2002-03-17 16:40 ]

loulou
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I see this is a long time coming, but I was recently made aware of this post and wanted to respond. I know Ted, he was my neighbor. I am unfamilar with the sport so this information comes directly from him. I hope you receive this after all this time.

Ted Anderson, The LA Hitman was world heavy weight champion for the WKC and K*I*C*K in 1983. He was sponsored by Stunts Unlimited. His record is 28 fights, 18 knockouts and 2 losses. His losses were his first two fights, Tony Morelli then Jim Walker by split decision. Ted was to fight Joe Lewis in Melbourne, Australia on November 25, 1983 for the World Heavyweight Title; he has one of the promotional posters still. I understand that Joe Lewis retired in August, but I was told that Joe backed out of this fight in early November while Ted was there training.

Ted did work in the entertainment industry, but not as an actor. He was a stunt man. He worked on several TV shows in the early 80's. He mentions the show Alien Nation (the aliens with huge heads) because he rode home on his motorcycle in full alien make-up (before the mandatory helmet law). He likes to reminisce about the reactions from people and especially kids on the freeway. He also did work on the Philadelphia Experiment and Perfect Weapon and a couple other things. His name is Ted Gincig and the movies that he worked in can be verified on the internet.

In 1984, Ted was in a motorcycle crash. He suffered a broken knee, fractured skull, broken ribs, collapsed lung and other injuries. He was released from the hospital after only four days. Later that same day, he fell from a second story balcony leaving him catatonic for over a week. He wasn't supposed to ever be normal again, but is now.

Ted still trains and keeps fit even though he can never fight again. However, he has knocked out a guy for hitting a woman (that dumb sap literally didn't know what or who hit him). Ted is intolerant of men abusing women and especially old people, he just can't stand it. He probably walks 10 miles every day and takes on an occasional client to train. He's good friends with Gene LeBell, and hangs out and with him and fellow stunt people when he visits LA.

Ted is a really cool guy and always fun to hang around with.

Jennifer Louie[/img]

Agenda
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkyrie_norse wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to a kick boxer named Ted "The LA Hit Man" Anderson?

He had the heavy weight world title for KICK and I think he also fought for the WKC. He also fought Jim Walker and Toni Morrelli and was supposed to fight Jim Lewis...

I heard his name but never found any decent information about his career. Let me know if you find something interesting...

lazytlc
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew Ted back in the day, early 80's from The Tennessee Gin & Cotton Co. In Tarzana, Ca. He was hot. Spent a little time with him before his tragic accident's. I remember going to the Hospital to see him and he didn't remember me at that time due to his injuries. Then some time later I got a phone call and it was Ted. First thing he said is "I remember You". He was a really nice guy and very talented. Hope his life has turned out well.

tegubeck@yahoo.com
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I talk to Ted everyday ......... he is coming to my home in Palm Springs March 11, 2016
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: