Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

MuayThai Fighter
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

Styles: MuayThai,Submission Wrestling,Pankration,Karate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muay Thai is the best stand up fighting art in the world,but is useless for grappling just as jujitsu and submission wrestling etc are useless without some Muay Thai or other striking art.

A fighter with experience in Muay Thai and Grappling will most times come out the winner.

Anyone who has been shin kicked by a thai boxer knows how effective of a stand up art it is.

TJS
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: boxing, Thai boxing, BJJ,

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
jujitsu and submission wrestling etc are useless without some Muay Thai or other striking art.

I wouldent go that far to say its "useless"

But obviosuly it would be more complete.

martialartist1
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: no style as style

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

striker or grappler? well, its always depends on the individual. striking is more brutal and grappling is more difficult. striking throws hardest striking techniques and grappling traps. if striking fighter is very good at avoiding grappling, then striking fighting would win. if striking fighter is grabbed, but knows how to escape grabbs, then striking fighter would win. if grappler fighter just knows grabbling, then it 1/2 chance if he manages to grab or not, therefore 1/2 chance for both figheres of winning. the quickest and strongest striking fighters would overcome the strongest and bigggest grapplers. also the most skilled fighters would overcome grappling to, but to be skilled and more complete one must still train in grappling.

SevenStar
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: bjj, judo, shuai chiao, muay thai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BJJ-Dober wrote:
Guys,

The early's UFC's only rules were no eye gouging and no biting, Royce Gracie won the first 3 UFC's.

Actually, Royce himself told me that at one point, eye gouges weren't illegal - you would only get penalized for them. if you eye gouged someone, you'd get penalized, but if he couldn't continue, then you still won.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: