Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Anzie
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Shootfigthing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:07 am    Post subject: UFC vs World's Strongest Man Reply with quote

Ever seen those shows? When human beings lift like 450 kilos, do 300 kilos in benchpress et cetera.
How do you think he would do in the octagon for instance?

Kung Fu Hamster
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shotokan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's quite a tough question actually. Probably the world's strongest man... They could probably take more pain and hit them a lot harder

WolverineGuy
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Kalkinodo, San Chin Ryu, Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Judo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overly muscular guys suck...I HATE grappling them...and God only knows beating the crap out of em isn't easy either. Thank God that most of em are slow.
"There is no spoon."

TJS
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: boxing, Thai boxing, BJJ,

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:09 am    Post subject: umm Reply with quote

they would be too slow...a talented striker would proabably have little trouble KO ing them.

LOILOI44
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched some of these competitions on ESPN. Personally I don't think they would fare that well. Carrying an anchor doesn't give you any skills other than a good resume for salvage work. Most of the competitors can't put their arms down(because their lats are so big) and probably don't have too much flexibility. I'm sure if they landed a puch it would break bone, but the punch would take a minute to get there. They'd probably have a better chance in the sumo circle than the octagon.

martialartist1
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: no style as style

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worlds strongest man would loose against UFC fighter simply because if they are fighting then the Worlds strongest has no fighting skill or ability and UFC fighter does. the worlds strongest man would be able to lift and throw the UFC fighter with ease, but UFC fighter is the one trained for 'fighting' and would win.

Tombstone
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with MartialArtist1.

Put a person with no experience up against someone trained to fight and the trained fighter will win most of the time.

Wing Chun
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

Styles: Wing Chun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think you have to respect the fact that they are so strong i mean simply with bodys that muscular and strong they could really Ko someone with a punch, imagine the strenght behind it. however UFC are trained fighters and i dont think they could take fighting pain esspecially well, i mean the pain is different. it snot pain from enduring a 200kg weight, its things which penetrate, i mean a sort of 'whipping' kind of power that Bruce Lee said. i really reckon however that grappler would have a very hard time, i mean lets see you apply the guard position on them, they would crush you. you have to imagine how strong they are. a striker would have a much better chance. another thing, many martial arts wer ebuilt on the basis of overcoming the stronger opponent, so if they dont work on there guys when will they? im sure they do. i mean a really fast martial artist could give a few really solid strikes everynow and then, i think a hit and run strategy would be required. a few eye pokes, punches and maybe wear him down with some kicks to his knee. it would be a good fight. i think this does say to grapplers though that sometimes you need striking, you cant always assume you can grapple just as you can always assume you can strike.

1ONEfighting
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: A pinch of this, a dash of that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former world's strongest man competitor and world amateur sumo champ Mark Robinson has ventured into the cage a few times.

Once he made it into the UFC, he bullrushed Bobby Hoffman into the cage, and Hoffman summarily dropped him with a forearm to the side of the head.

In the post-fight interview, Hoffman told Robinson to "go lift some more weights."

wishes he was R. Lee Ermey.

JohnnyS
Green Belt
Green Belt

Styles: BJJ, Shootfighting, TKD, Goju

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a guy training with us who got 6th in the world's strong man competition.
He is surprisingly fast and has good endurance (which you need to pull an aeroplane, carry large stone balls etc).

He went in one of our comps and took down an experienced blue belt after less than a month's training. He subsequently lost however that was due to little knowledge. After three months training he won the pan-pacs in BJJ for the white-belt division.

So I wouldn't discount a strong-man. With only a small amount of training they would be very formidable opponents.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Pro Fighting Matches and Leagues All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: