Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:22 am    Post subject: Vid review: how to fight aggressive opponents... Reply with quote

Here is a Kwonkicker video I watched, in which he gave advice on how to fight aggressive, non-stop opponents:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv4IXyhxtHs

What are your thoughts? Did he sum it up well, or does anyone here have different advice based off your experiences?

The point he gave on not turning away was solid. I think that is what someone is trying to accomplish by overwhelming another; get them moving backwards, turn away, and then really drill them.

I like his insight on offensive and defensive counter-attacking, too. The deliniation he presents makes sense. I like going offensive better, as it would help to not allow the fighter to establish control. However, the defensive option, using a block or parry and evade, might give one an opportunity to "stop" the opponent, break up their momentum, and open them up for counter.

I would probably use more of the "cover-up" option in class. Mainly because I'm not terribly mobile, and I don't mind taking a shot if it brings the others in close where I can start punching away on them. Of course, that is with our limited TKD rules, too.

What do you think? Good advice? Anything different from others here? I'd love to hear your thoughts!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Seems to me, he was speaking towards intercepting said attack. Albeit, what JKD in about.

Thanks for it, Brian!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> TKD, TSD, Hapkido, and Korean Martial Arts All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: