Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:46 pm    Post subject: Vitality! (KarateForums.com Turns 20.5!) Reply with quote

Vitality!

This one single word is the fruition that not only birthed KarateForums.com, but has sustained it for 20.5 years. Vision embraces KF's very core of existence and, without any meaningful vision, this community becomes stagnant. KF has the state of being strong and active; energetic and alive to create changes that have given renewed vitality to KF.

KarateForums.com, in its history, has been the vehicle of what Dr. Spencer Johnson wrote in his book, Who Moved My Cheese?, that change is inevitable and is synonymous with life and growth. Jack Canfield, an author and motivational speaker, said the following quote that runs through KF's veins, providing sustainable life consistently:

Quote:
"Change is inevitable in life. You can either resist it and potentially get run over by it, or you can choose to cooperate with it, adapt to it, and learn how to benefit from it. When you embrace change you will begin to see it as an opportunity for growth."

Some of the behind the scenes here at KarateForums.com are the pulse of what Warren G. Bennis, a pioneer in the field of modern leadership studies meant when he said:

Quote:
"In life, change is inevitable. In business, change is vital."

With that having been said, please let me speak towards some of the changes that have recently been made here, or that are currently being worked on:

1. Member of the Month: Requirement changed from 100 posts to 25 (November 2020).

2. Forum Reorganization: 6,000+ threads reviewed and organized into a more consolidated structure to better showcase our activity (December 2020).

3. Software Upgrade: A new version of KarateForums.com has been in development for much of this year. This has taken countless hours spread amongst Patrick and a few developers, but we are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. This exciting upgrade is one of most riveting, fascinating, and captivating changes that I've seen since I've been a member (Launch date TBD).

These items are proof that we encourage inevitable changes, not only in ourselves, but also in that which we hold true and valuable for all concerned. We continue to strive far beyond our limitations by not only actively seeking that which improves the betterment of one another.

It's not by any mistake that KarateForums.com has reached this unequivocal milestone of 20.5 years. Through painstaking efforts of dedication by not just a small band of individuals, but through the company of everyone - members, staff, and those unseen - all immeasurably indispensable for KF's growth. It takes a team, and there's no "I" in the word "team."

Tweaking. That's a word that's fun, yet of great importance. Adjustments here, a nudge there, a stretch this, and a move that, these are the things that are needed from time-to-time. Finetuning can undermine the integrity of any program, however, that's alright because that's how things are accomplished, and here at KF, it's no different.

Each and every day, I still see new members joining the KF family, and this is the attraction of KarateForums.com. People are still joining, 20.5 years later, and those members that have already joined sign on to engage in conversations in a friendly manner.

At this 20.5 year anniversary that we celebrate together, I wonder what will be the next thing that challenges us, that makes us work harder and go farther for one another and for KF wholeheartedly.

Here's to absent friends and the ones that are here now. Happy 20.5 Anniversary KarateForums.com! And many, many more years to come. It's been my honor as well as my privilege to write about this most auspicious occasion.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob. I appreciate you sharing this in honor of the community reaching 20.5 years!

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ashworth
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Styles: Shotokan, IJR Karate, Iaido, Kobudo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy 20.5 Birthday KF!!!

Train together, Learn together, Succeed together...

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy half-anniversary, KF! Well said, Bob, well said!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> KarateForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: