Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Warrior Spirit Strategy In Daily Life Reply with quote

Warrior Spirit Strategy In Daily Life

As Miyamoto Musashi explains it " Treat training as a part of normal life, with your spirit unchanging"

Modern living conditions and restrictions seem more often than not to be impossible for many in the work a day world, to do as Miyamoto asks.

As being physically, mentally and emotionally full of responsibilities with obligations and restraining factors, is it still possible to do as Miyamoto asks outside of the dojo?

Then how is it possible to do as Miyamoto asks?

His way deals with the spirit of strategy and the using the way and power of nature, also the void, which has no beginning or end, therefore you are a martial artist 24/7 and not just a few hours out of the week

His teaching is to fight naturally using the spirit of strategy.

One example comes to mind while working on a construction site as a teenager.

The Forman for some strange reason or another felt like it was his mission in life to make my life a living hell.

A confronted him in the changing room and asked him if we could talk; he agreed.

I told him "If you weren't my boss, I would tell you what a ....... you are but as you are my boss I am not going too" then I walked out.

He was very nice to me from then on, just a pleasant person to work for, always had a smile for me after that.

Point being, to be a martial artist 24/7 there are areas of strategies that are available to you also at work, such as finding another job that pays better than the present one, then subtlety put in your resignation, chances are you will be offered a pay raise to stay (Please don't quit your job) this worked for me due to my circumstances at the time.

Point being, strategy is always good to know and have at all times and all areas of one's life.

Personally, Miyamoto's words increased my income, this is also why he is a big name in the Japanese business sector.

A warrior in all aspects of life is the Musashi way.

Is this possible or something impossible for you to do as a martial artist, to have synchronicity in all aspects of your life, with a warrior spirit?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, quite possible!!

How can I separate one from another?? For me, that's impossible to conceive because I can no longer separate my thoughts from my being than I can separate time; they've already happened.

I'm complete in my totality as a MAist.

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

100% agreed Sensei8. You are who you are. That doesn't change if you are doing another activity unless your very two faced or a Hollywood actor.

Your either a martial artist or your not. If you are then you can't just turn it off. It's apart of who you are.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: