Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Wayofaswede
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shito-ryu, Goju-ryu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Sensei. Your wise words and support has meant a lot along the road

I have given it some thought and decided that I will continue in the same club, add the extra travel time and switch to the main dojo.

I have found my way back to the essential path for me that is Budo and am determined not to let it out of sight again.

Even though extra travel time and training on a family-wise "worse" day may mean I won't get to the club dojo every week, I will keep doing my daily/weekly routines and go to club session as often as possible in order to keep the continous flow of MA practice and progress going.

It will be a hurdle to go to a completely new hall, but once there I'm sure I will feel as much as home eventually. The possibility to eventually train with more advanced students in an advanced (3 kyu+) group is one of the good things about being forced to transfer.

I will keep you all updated as the MA road goes ever on...

Not a day without a kata

Last edited by Wayofaswede on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Wayofaswede
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished another solo training session. The latest sessions have taken place outdoors, by the sea. There is a special feeling training so close to nature - bare feet on the ground and grass, with sea waves roaring ahead.

Have taken the opportunity to intensify my kote kitae somewhat lately using the remnants of a dead tree.

Happy to have found continuity in my Budo practice so far this summer. Hope you are all having a great one. Keep training!

Not a day without a kata

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting to train next to the ocean sounds really cool. Enjoy that while you can!

Wayofaswede
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bushidoman, it was wonderful training by the ocean.

Yesterday I finally took the next step and went to my first training in the main dojo of my club.

It was great and felt a bit more intense, due to more adults and more with a higher rank (most were green or above). Among many things I got to try the Tensho kata for the first time.

My C.I. told me that he thinks I am ready for the advanced group as well, so on Saturdays there will probably be two hours of training.

Really looking forward to this semester, happy to have been to the new dojo. Hope you all have a good MA start of the autumn

Not a day without a kata

aurik
KF Sempai
KF Sempai

Styles: Shuri-Ryu, Uechi-Ryu

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayofaswede wrote:
Thanks bushidoman, it was wonderful training by the ocean.

Yesterday I finally took the next step and went to my first training in the main dojo of my club.

It was great and felt a bit more intense, due to more adults and more with a higher rank (most were green or above). Among many things I got to try the Tensho kata for the first time.

My C.I. told me that he thinks I am ready for the advanced group as well, so on Saturdays there will probably be two hours of training.

Really looking forward to this semester, happy to have been to the new dojo. Hope you all have a good MA start of the autumn

I'm glad to hear you're having a good experience at the main dojo. I've also found that the effectiveness of your training can be highly dependent upon your training partners. I hope this semester brings many good things for your training!
Uechi-Ryu 2018-Present - Nidan
ABS Bladesmith 2021-Present - Apprentice

Wayofaswede
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aurik wrote:

I'm glad to hear you're having a good experience at the main dojo. I've also found that the effectiveness of your training can be highly dependent upon your training partners. I hope this semester brings many good things for your training!

Thank you Aurik, I wish you the same

Today I had my first ”2x1h-session”, and participated in the advanced group for the first time. Challenging, inspiring, and rewarding.

Not a day without a kata

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You get better by the day; experiencing some things that only few experience!! You took the advanced class in stride, especially it being your first time in the advanced class. Well done!!

Wayofaswede
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
You get better by the day; experiencing some things that only few experience!! You took the advanced class in stride, especially it being your first time in the advanced class. Well done!!

Thank you very much, Sensei. Especially the breathing like Sanchin and similar seems to becoming more and more in focus. I try to incorporate more of that into my solo sessions at home

Not a day without a kata

Wayofaswede
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

During today’s double training session I got to try the legendary Naihanchi shodan for the first time! Really like the limited area it occupies and the logical flow between the techniques in it. May very well become one of my favorites once I’ve learned it.

Hope all you karatekas are having a great weekend

Not a day without a kata

Wayofaswede
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First day of my first karate camp was today

Got to try two new katas - Rohai and Hauffa - for the first time! Hope you all have a great weekend. Looking forward to day two tomorrow

Not a day without a kata
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 13 of 25
Jump to: