Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Wayofaswede
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shukokai Shito Ryu, Goju Ryu, Aikido (Aikikai), Judo, Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Sensei. Your wise words and support has meant a lot along the road

I have given it some thought and decided that I will continue in the same club, add the extra travel time and switch to the main dojo.

I have found my way back to the essential path for me that is Budo and am determined not to let it out of sight again.

Even though extra travel time and training on a family-wise "worse" day may mean I won't get to the club dojo every week, I will keep doing my daily/weekly routines and go to club session as often as possible in order to keep the continous flow of MA practice and progress going.

It will be a hurdle to go to a completely new hall, but once there I'm sure I will feel as much as home eventually. The possibility to eventually train with more advanced students in an advanced (3 kyu+) group is one of the good things about being forced to transfer.

I will keep you all updated as the MA road goes ever on...

Not a day without a kata

Last edited by Wayofaswede on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Wayofaswede
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Shukokai Shito Ryu, Goju Ryu, Aikido (Aikikai), Judo, Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished another solo training session. The latest sessions have taken place outdoors, by the sea. There is a special feeling training so close to nature - bare feet on the ground and grass, with sea waves roaring ahead.

Have taken the opportunity to intensify my kote kitae somewhat lately using the remnants of a dead tree.

Happy to have found continuity in my Budo practice so far this summer. Hope you are all having a great one. Keep training!

Not a day without a kata

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting to train next to the ocean sounds really cool. Enjoy that while you can!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Karate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13
Jump to: