Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:21 pm    Post subject: We're goin' Super Bowlin'!!!! Reply with quote

So, as some here know, and as others may have surmised by my avatar, I'm a huge Kansas City Chiefs fan (long-suffering, one might say), and I am so stoked that KC is finally going BACK TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!! I have a Super Bowl party at my house every year, regardless of who is playing, just as a reason to get the family together and have a good time. But this year, it will mean just a little bit more, and I am super nervous about it this time around.

I've waited so long, and am hoping for a win!

Anybody else having a SB party/get-together?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I too have a SB party at my house every year, although my Cowboys seem to enjoy staying at home to WATCH, and NOT PLAY IN, the SB for sometime.

I'll be rooting for the Chiefs, as I always have for quite sometime, and if the Chiefs get eliminated I'll root for the underdog team, whomever that might be that year.

50 years is along time to be not playing in the SB....so...

GO CHIEFS!!!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, things worked out this weekend! I really wanted KC to come out and dominate the game, instead of it being another nerve-racking, come-from-behind win, which was really stressful for me. It looked like the 49ers defense really did what they could to keep in the passing game in check, until the fourth quarter where Mahomes finally started to open some things up.

It's been a long, tough haul, being a Chiefs fan through some good times and some bad, but this really makes it worth it all. I can't wait to see what the future holds for this team! Go Chiefs!

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally the 50 year long drought for the Chiefs has ended with them wining the 54th Super Bowl. Had me on the edge of my seat and chewing off all of my fingernails the entire game. What the Chiefs did all year, they did it again, as only they can do...COME BACK.

49ers put the backs of the Chiefs against the wall more times than it was necessary. Then the 4th quarter came, and the Chiefs got their second wind, while the 49ers lost theirs. Chiefs defense was merciless in the 4th quarter, and each time the 49ers started to make an attempt to silence the Chiefs, the Chiefs stuff a big rag of humbleness and shoved it right down the 49ers offensive throat, and not just once.

As a Cowboys fan, I greatly appreciated the fact that the Chiefs were not going to be outdone by any NFL team. Albeit, I've supported the Chiefs year after year whenever my Cowboys found themselves, once again, relegated to being that armchair quarterbacks at home.

When the fat lady sang the Chiefs chant over and over as the Chiefs became the Super Bowl 54 Champions, I sat there with the biggest Cheshire Cat grin on my face...and mildly shed a tear for all that the Chiefs accomplished and represented.

Congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs nation!!

GO CHIEFS!!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Bob!

It would be easy for me to jump on the bandwagon that is the talk of lots of sports radio, wondering how many championships KC could win with Mahomes at the helm. In actuality, though, just getting to one is a huge accomplishment, and next year is promised to no one. I'd love to see them go on a run and establish a dynasty, but that just can't be predicted (ask Dan Marino). I'm so elated they've got one now, and here's to next year, defending the title!

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy for you, Brian.

Patrick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Lupin1
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Isshinryu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Pats fan, this was a strange year. But we had to give someone else a shot sometime. But after they got out I was rooting for KC and that was an awesome game (the last 10 minutes, at least). I was happy to see them win!

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lupin1 wrote:
As a Pats fan, this was a strange year. But we had to give someone else a shot sometime. But after they got out I was rooting for KC and that was an awesome game (the last 10 minutes, at least). I was happy to see them win!
Thanks, Devin! I was stressing out big time watching that game. I wanted to win it without any stress, but I'll take it this way every time, too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: