Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

dreamer38f
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would the key word here be....moderation and from kickchick "technique and be aware of your limits"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Telling people not to weight lift at a young age is correct, but push-ups are fine. At the age of 12 I started to do push-ups. I used to do about 10 in a row 2 times a night.

Now that I am 18 I do 60 in a row, 3 times a night along with my regular routine. No one is too young for Push-Ups or Sit-Ups for that matter. I think it depends on your self ambition and your will to work hard.

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldnt agree wiht you more mcgee,
for real,
thanx for the great info kickchick, really gave me some input, i have some sever problems with my knees, and i have been told not to really weight lift, that is why i have decided not to start until im sixteen,
i do play for my schools rugby team so i guess im gettin there, and i always do my press ups and situps,
but recently i was training like mad, and most shoulders and arms started to ache very badly, -is this because i over did it??
thnx for the info and replys
-ad

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep

Prodigy-Child
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2002 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weight lifting does stunt your growth because it compacts your bones

ive started lifting quite intensly now and i just turned 17 many people say that i still got alot of growing to do but ive been 5'8 for the past 3 years now so i doubt i will be growing anymore

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2002 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

let me continie what i have to say
when i turn sixteen i will only perform moderate weightlifting such as dumbells or bench press ups, though i will not perform any weight-lifting excercise which will result me putting the weight aboe my head, this will compact the cartiallge disc and shorten the back altogethe, stunting your growth, i will only perform the intense full out weightlifting when i turn 18 or 21

http://www.selfdefencehelp.co.uk
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually started to do bench press, freeweight, leg press, and all of these neat machines at the age of 16...

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much effect do you think a very light weight for an above head military press would have? Say, something prettyverylight, like 15-20kg?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

ad
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for real mcgee, - you started at the right age, and got a good rhythm , did you notice some physical enhancements??,
jack- i wouldnt say it would do too much, but if your younger than sixteen and still wanna do it, i suggest going easy, or jus waitin,
but its totally up to you mann

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because I look like the Ideal TKD person I dont look very strong or big. But I can do more weight and reps that most people can do at my school.

People like Bruce Lee look little but they are very wirey and strong.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: