Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Aikidoka
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

Styles: Tomiki Aikido

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be of service

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2001 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey babysteffee...whattcha want is to be more sculpted & toned. Some of us ladies want toned biceps and shoulders and legs without getting bulked up. Since I started cardio kickboxing...my arms are much more defined as are my legs. Hook/cross punches to bag in horsetance (squat low!) Left and right to body and then lift up high to top of bag (chin area) Keep muscles of arms tight...abs tight and explode those punches left and right to bag doiing 2 minutes to body and then ligting punches high to chin....then punch double time....speed it up. Do forward back fists (speed bag punching). Afterwards go down and do as many pushups as you can...triangle, wide outs and shoulder widths.

Leg lifts and squats are awesome toning exercises for the legs. Kicks to the bag tone the legs also!...tension roundhouses/front and side kicks and speed kicks.
I also use a resistance band/tube daily. I keep it handy to do bicep curls and tricep extensions...and shoulder stretches. You can also wrap around foot and do leg lifts with opposite leg. Any fitness euipment place online has them...different sizes and all. One thing that is great about them is they are easy to pack up and fit in purse!
Don't worry you won't bulk up (women) with this type of resistance workout. You'll get that awesome line definition in your arms with a little bicep bulge...and as far as the legs...stronger quadriceps and abductors.

Any questions, just email me personally...
Deby

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2001 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geez...I failed to mention one thing on the punches to heavy bag or wavemaster....,,,,WEAR WRAPS and GLOVES. Wraps to protect the wrists and gloves for added weight and resistance. Keep fists nice and tight on the punch and wrists straight!
If you don't have a heavy bag ....a friend of mine covered up a pole in the basement with pillows and foam and it worked pretty well.
I believe everyone in training has or should invest in a heavy bag for training and practicing at home.
Deby

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2001 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's totally true KickChick, bulky muscles look awful on females. IMO, no offence to anyone.

I've never heard of a resistance band before...off to get one.

I'm on with getting a bag...just keep meaning to get round to it...I've got the pads and gloves and practise with them as often as I can get someone else to help out.

I'm scared of squats because I did too many once in our class...and couldn't walk upstairs the next day.

I love push-ups...what are triangle push-ups though?

Thanks for all the tips
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To do Triangle Push Ups or Tricep Push ups as they are sometimes called...Start by lying on floor face down. Make a diamond or triangle shape with hands and place them under your face so that your face
will be in center of shape. Elbows are out to side. Using 2 slow counts, raise upper body (like a push up). Push through the heel of your hands. I compare it to pushing through heels when doing squats. Slowly lower to start position. Can vary count or stop halfway down and pulse.
Deby

be free to be a woman."

[ This Message was edited by: KickChick on 2001-09-12 08:07 ]

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2001 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks KickChick
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

kicker
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: kickboxing, muay thai, tennis, lots more.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um...first warm up then start wieght training light stuff then heavyier and heavier then just do w.e. things you have or find stuff out yourself like make a personal goal or do what you usally do to warm up!!
(p.s. sorry if i said what someone eles said or close)

Angus
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2001 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yo 'sup people's?

I think i need a little advice. I do curls (for example) in 3 sets. i want to build more muscle so my sets go in reps of 10, 8, 6... when i can eventually get to 10, 10, 10 on that weight then i add some mass to the bar.

Is this effective for building muscle mass?
Angus

moobrack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2001 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Indeed.I do the same with benchpresses and curls.Works like wonders.I'm just waiting for the muscle to come along.

www.universaldojo.com Coming Soon
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: