Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Sissy
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

I'm 83 kilograms heavy, 1.85m tall and I want to compete in a kickboxing tournament. What weight class seems perfect for me? By the way, does a good heavyweight always win from a good cruiserweight? By saying this, I think I can conclude that higher weight means better fighter. Is this true? Thanks, I hope my concerns are clear. Please post some replies: anything is welcome. Although I'm waiting quite a while for answers now, I hope somebody will post something soon. If my concerns are not clear, please remark it.
My martial arts background is only a couple of years of kickboxing.
I've only done a couple of fights, but my trainer says I'm ready. My conditioning is okay except for my suppleness: I'm busy improving it. Besides that, my boxing skills are above average.

This Message was edited by: Sissy on Jul 5, 2001 12:25am

This Message was edited by: Sissy on Jul 9, 2001 2:22am

This Message was edited by: Sissy on Jul 12, 2001 9:16am

This Message was edited by: Sissy on Jul 12, 2001 9:19am

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2001 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Sissy.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome sissy..........how about a little more information?

how tall are you?..whats is your conditioning?....do you have much practice in the ring? whats your martial arts background?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

iamrushman
KF VIP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2001 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello sissy.....i see that you edit your post to give more info.......i would suggest you make your entries separate so your questions and responses will come up in today's active post, so others can see and respond to your questions.

i will make this entry to bring this question to the forefront of todays active post.
you have a very good question and i would like to see what the others recommend.

thaiboxerken/tim/angus/et.al. heres one for you guys.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

TOMMY BEE
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2001 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sissy, Your trainer nows you best if he or she thinks that you are ready then you probably are ready. There is really no set time of trainning everybody grows at A different pace.
Being A heavyweight over A cruiserweight should mean that you punch and kick harder but does not make you A better fighter only trainning and experience can do that for you.
I have male fighters that are in the cruiser and hevyweght range and they switch sometimes so that they can get fights. You always have to adjust to who you are fighting and weight would make the other fighter adjust if they have A good trainer.

www.ringoffirekickboxing.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> MMA, Muay Thai, Kickboxing, Boxing, and Competitive Fighting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: