Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Prodigy-Child
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i gotta drop 5lbs for a fight thats coming up in 3 weeks, i just found out about this yesterday from my coach.........any suggestions on how i should go about dropping the weight without starving myself

im 135lbs and about 5'8

Jack
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, a few things you could try is to do more cardiovascular exercise, and eat less carbohydrates.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Piastre
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially less carbs before bed. They need to be burned off, so if you have a cutoff of say 5pm, and then eat no carbohydrates after that time, they will not be stored as fat.
5 pounds in 3 weeks shouldn't be too hard, and shouldn't drain you if you do it the right way.
Don't starve yourself, there is nothing worse than being weight drained (ask any boxer!).

thaiboxerken
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude, you can sweat 5 pounds off right before weigh-ins.

Danny boy
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5lbs isn't much weight,cutting out the carbs 3/4 hours before you sleep is good.No Cheese,milk products stick to lean foods and the old fish,fruit and salads is pretty much the go.If your running in the morning add a light run after training to burn off any excess fats at night.
Don't try and drop the weight the day before or especially on the day of the fight as this could drain you,use the 3 weeks to do it the right way.5lbs isn't much so I wouldn't think its to hard unless you haven't much body fat. :bigwink:Good luck!

Prodigy-Child
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah ken i know i can sweat the 5lbs off before weigh ins but i dont like to run before a fight, i had to do that at my last fight, i had to get rid of 3lbs or they wouldnt let me fight so my coach made me put on 3 pairs of sweat pants and 3 sweat shirts on and then he made me go running in the hot florida sun! not fun!

Slider
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DO NOT try to drop weight through "sweating it out"...that is very, very dangorous and will cause you to possibly pass out during the fight, and cause health problems.
I advise cardio vascular excercise, and cutting down on carbos and sugars. Sugars will cause you gain weight faster cuz the glucose from sugar will turn to fat, and will cause fatigue.

Cardio Vascular is ALWAYS the best way.

Hasta!!
Slider

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: