Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2001 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I would never try anything so silly...but my friend wants to lose a little bit of weight for her holiday in a couple of weeks...only half a stone or so, she's quite chubby but not fat by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyway, so she has this idea to partly starve herself for those two weeks...eating no later than 4pm, and drinking tons of coffee (for the caffeine to speed her metabolism)...

Also, she's not planning on doing any exercise whatsoever in these two weeks, being that a resting body prefers to burn fat for energy.

Will this work or is it dangerous? What's the fastest way to achieve weightloss without losing muscle too or slowing down the metabolism? Or is that impossible?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm....the only way to lose weight is to cut calories! Increasing your metabolism can help you burn calories and convert fat into muscle. SHE HAS TO EAT!... just eat fewer high-fat foods and less total calories. A resting body does not burn fat!!! This lowers the metabolism and if the cells do not receive sufficient nutrients they will begin to function less efficiently on smaller
amounts, and they will actually store more fat to use during these times of nutritional deprivation.Eat six small meals a day to keep your body's fuel supply consistent and keep your metabolism revved up. Avoid eating late at night because your metabolism naturally
slows down in the afternoon and evening, so eat a hearty breakfast. Consistency is important because your body metabolism adapts to your current weight. If you have been dieting or skipping meals your body's metabolism slows down to compensate for the lack of nutrients. When lean people overeat their metabolism speeds up and when obese people diet their metabolism slows down. The key is a balance of diet and exercise. SHE NEEDS TO EXERCISE TOO!
By exercising just a little more than usual you can speed up your metabolism and use up stored fat in the process.
I do take a metabo supplement and suggest she may want to look into that for added assistance...otherwise she may need to strap on a portable potty with all the coffee she will be drinking!
Deby

Kickbutt
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice KickChick - I also laughed my a$$ off!!!

Lori

-Unknown-

Karateka_latino
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu Karate do; Kung Fu.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been hearing a ton of stories, diets, crazy things, pills, starving , etc.
And we end the same thing. For weight lost.. eat well, and do exercises that's the basic thing.. Now, how to eat.. when to eat, What to eat , where exercise, what exercises , etc, All that depend of the person.. but the basics remain the same.. Good Eating and Exercises. And also patient. why people have to torture themself so much and make it harder??..
Thanks.

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good insights you lot.
I don't know why SubmissionFighter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Slim
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think thats pretty funny, a weight loss program of sitting around drinking coffee!!

Slim
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2001 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that didnt sound insensitive! I think its important to get a program that is realistic to fit your lifestyle, I know wieght loss is a serious issue, Im not making fun of your friend.

KickChick
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you were being insensitive Slim....there are so many people out there that think if they pop a pill (exercise in a bottle they call it! ) or sip this drink or just munch on this bar, and do absolutely no exercise...that they will lose weight! All that they do lose is their money spent on these products and quite possibly harm their health in the process.
Deby

babysteffee
Green Belt
Green Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence taken...she's always on some sort of mad-diet. And yeah, those pills make you ill.

Karateka_latino
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Goju-Ryu Karate do; Kung Fu.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2001 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sometimes It's amazing what people are willing to do for lose weight quickly.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Health and Fitness All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: