Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sensei8 wrote:
Quality, never quantity!! Not all black belts can teach, nor should all of them try to; either one can or can't...recognizing ones limitations or abilities go a long way.

Very true. As you state, the answer could be one or the other or both or neither.

Time, age, rank, title... none of these factors guarantees the ability, character or maturity to teach. Sad but there it is.

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is where rank is being placed in the foremost of one's mind whereas rank is thought of as something of undeniable importance to the MAist, instead of it being the furthest thing in one's mind.

We instructors are the guardians of rank, as long as it's content and context is aligned properly. If there's a list of any kind, let rank be kept at the bottom of that list for all times, if it has to be considered.

Whenever a Testing Candidate applies for an upcoming Testing Cycle, the Hombu searches on said candidate's Hard Card, which is filed and kept under lock and key at the Hombu, to determine several factors:

1) Age (This only applies to JBB applications; no Shodan privileges permitted)
2) Current Rank (Tenure)
3) Last Testing Cycle (Tenure)
4) Testing Cycle History Notes (Character Testimonials)

My own Hard Card hasn't followed the SOP's in this regards much, if at all, except for my JBB. For example, I earned my Shindokan Karate-do Hachidan when I was 42 years old, not the prescribed age of 60; that's having my time spent on the floor just a mere 35 years. Inasmuch, I earned my Shindokan Kobudo Hachidan when I was only 51 years old...all under Dai-Soke.

This link might give you an idea how my age rarely followed our By-Laws...

https://www.karateforums.com/golden-anniversary-vt47469.html?highlight=golden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: