Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

Alan Armstrong
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: What are you waiting for? Reply with quote

What are you waiting for, if not now then when?

This could relate to many topics, such as timing, procrastinating or being patient to do the right thing at the right time.

The decision making process can lead to in action, when not being honest to oneself, also being too hasty is also not advisable.

Living in a world full of deadlines, rushing to get things done on time.

Have been often asked "When will you be finished?"

My answer "When I am done"

Setting goals are fine, but being realistic with them is also important.

Oten times, the debate on how long it should take to earn a black belt arises, which can cause unnecessary anxiety or the amout of time it takes to learn a kata.

There is a reasonable amount of time to do everything correctly, depending on the subject, this however comes with experience, something younger people haven't developed yet.

So what is holding you back from what you want?

What are you waiting for?

Is what you want worth all the time and effort?

As living in a world where instant gratification, is something we have been conditioned, from childhood, to want more, and as one gets older, to come to the realization to want less; how ironic.

Perhaps you are waiting for less as nature intended?

Waiting for easy is not an option, being an assertive martial artist, while putting in the time and effort pays off, this is called "The hard easy work" as opposed to those that wait and end up doing "The easy hard work" does this make sense to you?

Being confident comes by means of ensuring your success by doing whatever it takes today and not waiting for it tomorrow.

Planning for your future instead of waiting for it to come to you.

Waiting for fruit to ripen is one thing but waiting for opportunities, it is better to create them.

Being impatient is just a bad as waiting indefinitely.

Chose the right moment to make your move and make it count, on a dojo floor or with your resume for a new job, or whenever or wherever it might be.

Survey the situation, make plans that accomplish your goals step by step, then act firmly and resolutely, in there proper time for success.

Forsight and preparation is key to give you the confidence to make this happen, in the right time and place, without forcing the situation.

Fate with careful planning leads you to not have needles worries, as you will be on the winning track, be happy with this accomplishment even if it fails, then, make a better plan for next time, waiting is an art, timing is everything, don't you think?

sensei8
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Shindokan Saitou-ryu [Shuri-te/Okinawa-te based]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, Alan; solid post!!

Procrastination is the enemy of the MA, and the MAist through and through.

Study your opponent
Study yourself
Make a plan
Carry it out

Yeah...carry it out...do it now...quit waiting...get on with it already...engage or get out of the way!!

Yet, it doesn't mean to be foolish in your actions. Be proactive, but not overly fool-active, if you can help it.

Watching Kumite, drives me crazy...I find myself always having to shout out..."WHAT THE GRAVY TRAIN ARE YOU WAITING FOR!! ENGAGE OR SIT DOWN!! YOU'RE ALL DRIVING ME ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!"

The great Ed Parker said it best, imho...

"He who hesitates, meditates horizontally!!"

singularity6
Pre-Black Belt
Pre-Black Belt

Styles: Jidokwan Taekwondo and Hapkido, Yoshokai Aikido, ZNIR Iaido, Kendo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a procrastination problem. I stopped saying "I'll do that later" and started saying "I won't do that at all." Problem solved.

(Never officially tested in aikido, iaido or kendo)

bushido_man96
KF Sensei
KF Sensei

Styles: Taekwondo, Combat Hapkido, Aikido, GRACIE, Police Krav Maga, SPEAR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singularity6 wrote:
I had a procrastination problem. I stopped saying "I'll do that later" and started saying "I won't do that at all." Problem solved.
I like your style!

MatsuShinshii
Black Belt
Black Belt

Styles: Machimura Suidi Rokudan, Ryukyu Kenpo, Kobudo, Judo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

singularity6 wrote:

That's awesome. Love the humor!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: