Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

koreantiger81
Blue Belt
Blue Belt

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a law stating what dan(degree) you must be; in order, to open up your own tae kwon do school?

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest it is possible for anyone to put on a black belt and call themself any rank or title they want and open a school.

mastertae
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

technically you have to be atleast a 5th dan and 6th dan is when a person is considered a master...8th and 9th dan are grandmasters...it normally takes 35-40 years to achieve this level...very few ever reach it

SBN Doug
KF VIP

Styles: Kuk Sool Won

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Kuk Sool Won, we are required to be on record with headquarters as being a practicing 1st degree BB. We do not have to be a master to start our own school. However, we do have to teach everything in the same way the Grand Master has dictated.

SaiFightsMS
KF VIP

Styles: Shotokan, Shorin Ryu, Shi-to Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then too it depends on whether or not the school is part of an associatian or an independent. Associations have requirement.
Independents make their own.

TKD_McGee
Purple Belt
Purple Belt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea you could get a black belt and a few books, and use your own experiences to open up a school in your garage... only bad thing would be the insurance! lol.

In TKD you can train by yourself to achieve the next dan.. I think just a Black Belt would be fine to train a total newbie. A black belt usually takes 5 years or so.

taezee
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres a reality check..all you need to open a school is money...you dont have to be certified with anyone..and you can have a diploma a fancy one even dipicting yourself as a great master...you could be twenty five and be an eight degree black belt..you could have the fighting skills of a drunk and still you would have students signing up..and looking at you in brainwashed awe..you could charge two three hundred dollars for promotional test as pass students to thier next level even if they could barely do a front kick..you could even say youve" invented" your own system when questioned about your background..how do i know all this? why listen to my expert analysis..? you dont have to be a expert on martiial arts to know all this allready..you just have to be immune from bull**** and apparently unlike me alot of americans or martial artist world wide are not immune...and they just have there wallets open and thier minds closed..easy pickings for a trained master of CON

"whenever youre lazy enough not to train .someone, somewhere is training very hard to kick your *"

SBN Doug
KF VIP

Styles: Kuk Sool Won

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2001 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo, Ooo, and don't forget the phoney magazine covers you can get yourself printed on. I found that in the first school I ever trained in. It was in a small town, so I guess he figured he could get away with it.

It was before internet (yes we survived back then too...no the dinosaurs were already dead), when I contacted the magazine for a back copy, it didn't exist.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> Instructors and School Owners All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: