Add KarateForums.com
Username:    Password:
Remember Me?    
   I Lost My Password!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Press on the post.

bustr
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2002 9:24 pm    Post subject: What is it with some people? Reply with quote

Don Rearic has been relentlessly attacking the Hikuta community (Mostly on the Hikuta message board. The hikuta people don't visit rearic's page). I'm not a student of that particluar art but I find it interesting and I give folks the benefit of the doubt as long as they're cordial. Anyway I posted on rearends forum that I thought there might be a good precedent for the art of hikuta and I backed it up with solid evidence. I didn't curse anyone in my post nor did I call names. Rearend banned me for the post saying it wasn't constructive.

Here's the post:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kung Fu and Karate are both claimed to be the product of Bodhidharma's fitness program for monks.

TaeKwonDo is also claimed to be thousands of years old. Strange that it uses the Heian katas from Shotokan karate.

Concerning Hikuta

Here are some links for ancient Egyptian martial arts.

<>

Martial dance of three Anubis’, from the tomb of Inherka, Rameses III

Tahtib
http://www.alliancemartialarts.com/tahtib.html

Many references to wrestling, melee and stickfighting
http://www.aafla.com/SportsLibrary/...02/jsh1502b.pdf

Other Egyptian traditions that have survived for thousands of years are the tarot, The Parade of the Solar Boats and various "American" superstitions such as bad luck from walking under a ladder. Egyptian bare-knuckle boxing was supposedly documented by Harry Houdini on a visit there.

Pharaonic culture still exists in Macedonia too unbeknown to the outside world.
http://www.metimes.com/2K1/issue200..._of_ancient.htm

I've never seen Al Abidin posting on the internet and arguing with anyone. Why is there such a need to destroy his credibility. The only thing blatantly wrong is the name of the style. Kuta means "basket lid" in Egyptian. Khu-Taa could mean "spirit valiant" but a poster on another forum who knew the language told me it was unlikely.

What I saw on the Dok Lee tape looked like some modified bare-knuckle boxing. I don't recall anyone in the book or tape claiming that it was superior to other fighting arts.

Al Abidin is probably teaching the techniques and history that was taught to him by Dok Lee. And again neither Abidin nor Lee are/were on the web running down other folks' styles.

If Asian martial arts can fabricate histories then Western arts should have the same freedom.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe it was a little too forward but hardly a bannable offense and the message wasn't even directed at any one person.

Oh Well! Rearend is nothing but a keyboard warrior! His posts appear at all hours and every day. Someone like that can't be training alot.

BlueDragon1981
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Goshin Jutsu Karate, Shotokan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean. The same thing is happening to the art I study. His main base is E-budo. No matter what proof you give it gets turned around and falsified. Oh well. I know what is right. People offen will discredit things. I dont discredit any art. Many of the old masters have any proof they are masters but I believe they are because of their art and what they could do. Just ignore people like that he go with what you know and have researched.

bustr
Yellow Belt
Yellow Belt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2002 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Blue. I guess some of these people feel threatened by anything new.

Athorn4941
Orange Belt
Orange Belt

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post relates to me. I went public with my site and my site I made was just for me to learn about html programing(organize my thoughts to something I could read) and I wanted other people to critique it and say how it looks and so on. And I get nothing but hate mail and death treats for the past 6 months just for going public with my site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

monkeygirl
KF VIP

Styles: Tae Kwon Do

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ninja....those are terroristic threats. I think you can report them to the FBI or something and they can track 'em down.

That's some nasty stuff though. Don't let 'em get you down!!

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

BlueDragon1981
Red Belt
Red Belt

Styles: Goshin Jutsu Karate, Shotokan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2002 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People suck sometimes.

Sharp Phil
White Belt
White Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few corrections:

Don Rearic does not have his own forum. He does moderate at http://www.selfdefenseforums.com , however, which is where Bustr's post appeared. His main base is not e-budo, as he doesn't post there much at all.

I don't believe Don has been "relentlessly attacking the Hikuta community." He doesn't think much of it, however. Many of the posts he's made on the topic have been in direct response to mentions of him by name, in one or two cases by Jack "Savage" Sellner at Jack's own board. If you look at this thread, for example, you'll see that Don does not post to it until after Jack mentions him.

Quite frankly, Bustr's post -- which kind of came out of nowhere, and was started as a new thread (rather than as a response to previous Hikuta-related threads) made him look like an Agenda Troll.

If you look at the thread that prompted Don to ban Bustr, you'll see that Don told Bustr to e-mail him to explain himself. He reacted to what looked like trolling but provided Bustr with an "out." Bustr responded with profanity.

Don's contributions to the martial arts community are a matter of record; I think his website speaks for itself regarding the quality of the material it contains.

To return to Hikuta, as I posted in the older thread on the topic, I recently reviewed the 1993 DOK Lee text.

http://www.philelmore.com

JerryLove
Black Belt
Black Belt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I dont discredit any art.
That's an interesting philosophy. So if someone asks about an art you've seen; and that you know is abosultely horrible and dangerous to the practitioner; what do you say?

If I make up "Kirk-fu", based around putting your hands together (fingers interlaced) and swinging wildly, you would not discredit it?

I know that I have been involved in several Hikuta discussions. Not once have I seen claims that evn meet a basic credability test; and rarely, if ever, have the poster promoting the art. They appear to be right in line with Ashida Kim. The more I look at Hikuta, the more enforced that impression has become.

Patrick
KF Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to close this thread.

Really this forum is not for discussions of this matter. Discussions of other websites, postings at other websites or the practices of other forum administrators are generally looked down upon by myself.

Thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KarateForums.com Forum Index -> General Martial Arts Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: